Wednesday 1 October 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge October kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to a rather neglected blog! I'm hoping to make improvements but I'm grateful that you keep coming back to visit me even if I'm not updating as often as I should.

Hopefully, you are here courtesy of Leslie's blog (here) where she will have delighted you with the contents of her blue box. If not, you must make sure to catch up on the full hop as this month, all our challenges have been set by our delightful October Counterfeit Kit Challenge Queen Laura (here), including the choice of kit! So hop back to the beginning of the hop (here) and settle back for some serious inspiration.

This month's kit, as mentioned above, was selected by Laura and is such a pretty selection of products by Hey Little Magpie. The link doesn't appear to be working any more but you can check out their site (here) and this is the kit we were given.


Now, as you might know (and be totally bored of by now!), I've been moving over September and don't have much of my stash available. So I had to be a bit more flexible in how I interpreted the kit so that I could actually select some items.

I looked at the kit and saw lashings of prettiness - softer colours, aquas and pinks, flowers, dots, bows, loopy words, die cuts, tape, stickers and frames. So that was my starting point and off I went down the prettiness road. I'm relieved to be able to present "Discover"!


I have very little paper unpacked so far, in fact just a small plastic container with some very favourite designs so that's what had to be enough. I started off with papers that roughly matched the idea of the papers of the original, and a few extras for good measure. I came up with a soft combination with a hint of gold, some stars for good measure and penty of pretty florals.  Most of the papers are, as always, double sided which will give me plenty of choice when it comes to using it up.


Quite a lot of tone on tone colours here but I think I'll still get a good amount of variety for layouts.


Then onto the embellies of which I was sorely reduced.

But there were still some scrummy bits and pieces available including this relatively new pack of Heidi Swapp words. Not quite the same pack as the original kit but certainly absolutely fine! I tracked down some die-cut frames as well as a couple of Maggie Holmes overlays and just because I can't resist a touch of gold right now, added in some glorious Martha Stewart gold leaves and some gold sequin ribbon.


I had the intention of starting Project Life on 1st September but so far have only managed to take the photos on an almost daily basis. So I included a handful of cards as a motivation to try to get started... who knows!


My back was against the wall time-wise and I didn't have anything bow related at all. But I always think that bows look like butterflies so a handful seemed a good alternative. I also added in a precious piece of Dear Lizzy butterfly vellum that I got in NYC. Let's see if I trust myself to cut it up.


Making sure I got more and more "pretty" into my kit, I included these super cute heart doilies, a handful of sequins (two sizes of gold, some aqua and some green) and then two alphabets for variety.




As always, I reserve the right to add things into my kit as I go through the month, especially as I will hopefully be unpacking the rest of my supplies and unearthing stuff I haven't seen for two months!

I now have 6 kits sitting on my shelf again - all rather neglected so LOAD is coming at JUST the right time! Today starts another crazy month of daily scrapping and you can bet that most of those layouts will be made using my rather wonderful Counterfeit kits. What would I do without them?!?

Thanks for sticking with me and I hope you have been inspired to take Queen Laura's selection and make your own box full of prettiness.

Now off you go to visit Lynette to ooo and aaah at her amazingly staged kit. Sure to please! And don't forget to let me know you were here. I love comments...

Here's the full list in case you get lost along the way.

11 comments:

  1. So glad it came together for you Lisa - all that prettiness is just perfect for you. Love your lashings of sequins and gold and everything. Hope you have time to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These soft tones just seem so appropriate for the month of October - gentler light, colours fading ... Hoping the move has all gone well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your kit! Beautiful, and all of my favorite colors in here, too! Love the soft feel of it, and those gold leaves are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet kit :) I love the choices and the bits of gold added. The sequins were fun to see in the kit too I think that I'll be adding some to my kit too just to fun to pass up. Have fun with Load

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous soft colours and pretty embellishments.You've done well Lisa. I'm just packing my craft room ready for my move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with time constraints, your kits never disappoint. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reduced pickings and all, it didn't seem to matter... you've managed a beautiful kit to craft from! Its pretty and love the words and those gold leaves - wonderful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing your kit each month is like entering into a beautiful magical scrappy dream world... :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, the colours in your kit are divine & I love those little wooden butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful your layouts will be from this kit. Using your favorite papers, all together like this, will give them a special cachet. Best of luck on LOAD. Flicker has me so locked out, I cannot sign in anymore. Spent over and hour on hold the phone one day, but customer service did not pick up and the call dropped. While I can still view your stream, I won't be able to comment there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa...I am convinced you could open up my junk drawer and pull together a beautiful kit! Your limited supplies certainly did not limit your creativity! Hope you get settled soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...