Wednesday 5 November 2014

Scrapabilly November kit shares (part 1)

November's Scrapabilly kit is chock full of gogeous papers and products from Jillibean Soup's Soup Staples III collection. Warm browns and creams, soft blues and creamy yellow and some calm greys all go together so well that it was hard to decide which side of the papers to use! One of the papers had a B-side covered with small 3x4 blocks to cut apart and which featured a few extra colours such as a hint of pink which of course, was perfect for me and proved ideal as journalling cards. Add into the kit mix:
  • a roll of kraft paper tape (you get loads!)
  • two alphabets
  • woodgrain printed Polaroid frames
  • two super cute mini kraft bags
  • a handful of tag cards
  • a long length of ribbon
  • some stick pins
  • an exclusive Scrapabilly flair badge
  • some gems
  • a fun key-shaped paperclip
  • a small charm
  • a mini-stamp set 
  • cardstock of course 
and you have enough to keep going and going!

I decided to add in an additional set of AC Thicker's in a cream and soft kraft diagonal stripe, "Printshop" (see here) to give me long title possibilities and then all I needed to finish all my projects was some gold and cream twine and inks for splatting with a few sheets of background card stock. A wonderfully harmonious and easy to use kit!

Here's the original kit and link for you to get your hands on your own!

Get your kit here

You can find all the Design Team projects over at the Scrapabilly gallery (here) or on their individual blogs (see my sidebar!). 

I'd like to share two layouts and a card I made with the kit and will post the remaining three layouts at the end of the week. I think the photos are not as good as they could be due to the lack of good daylight at the moment! With the shorter days, I struggle to catch the time to take pictures but I hope you'll forgive me...

This first layout was created during October LOAD (LayOut A Day) for the prompt, Everyday Routines. While I was working in an office for two years recently and not out and about teaching English, I really noticed that I never once had the time to just pop into Starbucks for a coffee. Yes, I had them at the weekends but I was in the office every day and there was no free time to just sit and watch the world go by. So on my first day back at teaching English, I once again found myself with a little time between lessons and this was the first thing I did!


I added in a little gold thread in with the cream twine for my messy cluster. The exclusive Scrapabilly flair was perfect for this subject. I think I need more!




The key paper clip was perfect for this layout about our first night in the new flat where all we had were our giant "fat boys" (beanbags), some music, a few candles and a bottle of bubbles. I've seen several layouts online recently with this type of page division and wanted to give it a try. I like how it turned out and the ribbon was a fun element to mark the page break.


Oh yes, I did add a few veneer stars to this layout too!





I found a last tag card caught up with left over papers and thought it would work so well on a card. I'm running out of handmade cards right now so it was the perfect time to add to the pile. With the small pair of scissors charm, I thought it would be fun to make a pun sentiment which makes this card suitable for all sorts of occasions.

 

In total, I made up 5 layouts and a card but I'm sure I could have made at least two more layouts with the paper leftovers I have. :-) If I do manage to pull a couple more out of the hat, I'll be sure to share!

I'll be back on Friday with the rest of my creations.

In the meantime, happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

  1. Sehr schön! Deine Karte im Holzlook gefällt mir besonders gut! Warum bin ich nicht auf die Idee gekommen? ;-)

    LG Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your style ... I've already pinned your "missed" layout x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha!!! Love the kit, perfect for you Mrs H!!!
    Great layouts although I think I may have seen them somewhere before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very "krafty" kit, and your pages certainly show off those supplies fabulously. I am down to paper in more neutral tones like this in my Nov. counterfeit kit, and I'll have to take a cue from you and use more of them together. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...