Tuesday 6 September 2016

September at Scrapabilly #1

Scrapabilly's September Kit des Monats features Amy Tangerine's Better Together collection with some fantastic shades of blue and green with a smattering of pink and rainbow for good measure! It was hard for me to decide on one side of the paper or the other with so many pretty water colour designs and plenty of ombré type effects. Here's the full kit and you can get yours over at the Scrapabilly shop here. In addition to the items in the kit, I also added in the matching puffy stickers and a sticker booklet. It was fun to add some dimension with the mini puffy stickers and the sticker booklet had loads of designs to choose from including a smaller alphabet which is always so useful for my longer titles.


Layout #1 keeps it simple with a page about my very first home grown tomatoes and talks about how I'm not the greatest gardener in the world and therefore am all the more thrilled to see these little wonders of nature ripening up on my balcony. And they are sooo delicious. It makes you realise just how tasteless so many are in the shops. 


I wanted to keep the main layout simple but give it a strong frame with the double border and some stitching. I repeated some simple stitching in the middle section too to bring it all together.


These circular Thickers are such a lovely shade of blue and the typewriter font is super cute. They were great to use although I did have to add glue to every single one!


A few splats of red ink and a hint of repeating red around the layout brings out the colour of the ripe tomatoes against all that white and blue.



For layout #2, I decided to try to pick out lots of pink or pinkish elements from the kit. I was surprised at just how much there was considering how the kit gives a cooler blue/green impression. It only seemed right to use all those pretty papers, cards, and embellishments for a page about Paige Evan's copic bookbinding class I attended last year down in München.


I love using the branding strips on my layouts to give a little extra pattern.


The clear die cuts can be tricky to attach but I usually just go for it with my tiny attacher and make that part of the design. A bottle of Nuvo was also included in the kit and you can see the mini dots I made with it. They take a little time to dry but I love the dimensional effect they give. The others on the Design Team were far more artistic with me with their own bottles of Nuvo so you should definitely check out their pages in the gallery (link below).



The clear die cuts are such a great way of adding a lot of interest and colour without all the bulk. The hand painted florals are so lovely that it was hard to use them all on one page - but they fitted it all so well.


And another close up of my Nuvo dots. A perfectly domed little dot.


That's my book there towards the right - with the ampersand at the top. I should probably add that into the journalling!


Check out the kit here on the Scrapabilly site and don't forget to check out the Design Team gallery here while you're there. I love looking at the gallery to see all the different ideas we've come up with. You can also find the Schnick Schnack Sack (embellishments) and the Pretty Planner Pack kits and galleries there too. So much to discover and so much inspiration to be had.


Back soon with more shares!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work Lisa. The colors of that kit are just fabulous. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of nuvo, so I'll have to check that out. I love the deep blues in this kit and how you have used them..especially in that first page, where it really brings out the red of the tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very different but pretty pages! You're right about Amy's collection - I think of it as mostly blues and greens but your second layout shows its versatility. And I'm intrigued by those Nuvo dots now.
    I love the red tomatoes against all the blues on your first page. There's nothing like a fresh tomato - I can grow flowers but our yard just doesn't have the right conditions for vegetables, so I just have to settle for picking them up at the farm stand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back again...I'm trying to order some of this paper and have a question: do you know the name of the navy dotted paper that you used for your background in the first layout? I'm having trouble figuring out which one of Amy's latest papers it might be - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...