Friday 18 August 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - prompt #2, Scraplift Yourself

This month, I've been on main kit duty and have really enjoyed using my Restart kit. I have to confess that I've made loads of pages over the last 6 weeks or so, mostly using my Counterfeit Kits, but haven't really made the time to share them.

So today's challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to scrap lift yourself is an ideal opportunity to share two layouts.

Stephanie asked us to take a page that we've made and then use that as inspiration for a new page and I picked out this one.

April 2017 kit, Chirpy lo#4

I made this layout as part of the Shimelle 25 days of scrapbooking words challenge, for which I'm still outstanding two layouts which I hope to finish next week. Anyway, this was about using a quote on your page. I found a great sunny quote by Walt Whitman which seemed perfect for this happy photo of my cute nephew and it all came together.


I had been saving the sunburst paper for a special occasion (!) but decided to be brave and just use it whole on this layout, keeping the majority of the sun burst effect visible. I wish I had a dozen more sheets of this - so, so gorgeous.

The alphas I'd included in my kit were the perfect colours to really give the quote some extra summer feeling and the tropical veneers seemed a happy addition.



I went on to make this layout.

August 2017 kit, Restart lo#6

This was made as part of the Scrap Happy mini LOAD (just a week-long challenge) Now and Then challenge. We were asked to make a layout about the musical background to a summer story. What could be more perfect than visiting the Elvis exhibition in London on a fabulously sunny, summer afternoon a few years ago with my scrappy friend who was visiting all the way from the US?


I stayed really true to the original page I'd made with the position of layers, papers, photos, journalling, title and embellishments although I changed up the single photo with four smaller ones to tell a fuller story.


The smaller photos were also ideal as they are not the best quality. The lighting in the exhibition was really low and most of our photos are super grainy. But in this 2x3 size, this is less noticeable.


When you see both layouts next to each other, you can clearly see that they have the same design and even some of the same embellishments etc. But they won't be near each other in my albums and no one will ever be the wiser. I think I need to do this more often as I loved the easier process - design decisions already made and the kit made this layout come together super quick.

Don't forget to share with us if you follow along with this challenge. You can share in these ways:

2 comments:

  1. Two great pages Lisa! That first one is just bursting with color and that photo is adorable. I like the way you changed up the second one with more neutral colors and four smaller photos. This is a challenge I need to try for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts. Love the sunburst in the first one and how the colors pop. Love the neutral paper in the second. Great inspiration on both pages.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...