Thursday 12 October 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - prompt #1

Master Forger Julene has challenged us to use a black and white photo on our coloured backgrounds for this prompt as a nod to the infamous Bridget Bardot who lived in St Tropez (the name of our inspiration collection by Prima) and her many black and white movies that she starred in.

If you want to go back and check out my original kit, Reminisce, you can find that blog post here.

I mentioned over on the CKC blog (see my post here) that I just couldn't make a vintage black and white photo work with what I wanted to say or the products from my kit (or maybe I was just being difficult!) and so I picked out the elements from my kit that I wanted to use and then found a photo and story which would work in black and white.

CKC October kit, Reminisce lo#4

I'm convinced that you can still "see" that beautiful sunshine, the beautiful golden sand and the green of the palm trees - just in your imagination. What do you think?


It's always a win when I work out how to use one of these gorgeous vellum frames from the Webster's Pages collection and this seemed the perfect place - especially over that photo realistic card behind it.


Couldn't resist using this card too - without putting anything over it. Just gorgeous. A bit bluer maybe than the North Sea on the Dutch coast but I love seeing those waves. See that tissue peeking out under my photo block? Yes, added that to my kit a couple of layouts ago. And the enamel dots? Yup, realised that I needed some of those too!


I've been trying to find a place for that chipboard forever! It's not even supposed to be used I think - it just held a chipboard circular label on that Crate Paper sheet - but it's too cute to just discard. And that striped circular die cut element at the back? Added in those too when I came across them in my tote yesterday. They are from My Mind's Eye and I think are meant to be table confetti but I love the little something they give to a cluster when I use them.


These map letters from October Afternoon might just be one of my favourite alphabets ever. Sigh! I think I have one full sheet and this one partially used. I'll be pretty sad when it's gone :-(

I have to say that I love how this layout turned out. It really sums up that day and our time at the beach bar. Happy memories.

Thanks for dropping by today and if you're inspired by this challenge on the CKC blog, we'd love you to share. If fact, if you're inspired to create a kit or a page or a mini or anything, make sure to include them in our Monthly Link Up. We want to see it! Or share on Instagram using @counterfeitkitchallenge or #counterfeitkitchallenge
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. This would never have occurred to me but it works so well! I think having the tiny hits of black on the page ties it together. Definitely trying this with one of my own beachy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this, that bottom border is so well crafted!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...