Thursday 12 April 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - prompt #1 - inspired by Easter

Master Forger Tina has challenged us to come up with an Easter themed layout for Challenge #1 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog (see the post here).

That seemed pretty easy for me until I realised that I don't actually have such spring typical colours - all those pastels from the original inspiration kit - in my own selection so I needed to get a bit creative with how I approached this.

Just a reminder of what my April kit, Rogue, looks like...


But I did have some colourful snaps of Easter that I thought would look good together as a quick overview. So, what did I have in the kit? Spring has come late round here and we've had a lot of rain and cloudy days so the cloud paper and the raindrops seemed a good representation of all that. Then there's a paper with small tulip style flowers - typical spring too even if it's a bit on the darker side. And so I combined those with some floral paper, a little vellum, a small floral print and a hint of tissue paper. It's all a bit dark and dull - which is how the weather's been - but the photos really lift the whole look of the page.


There wasn't really much to say in terms of journalling so I just added some words in mini letter stickers to highlight the main things to remember about Easter this year - bubbles, eggs, chocolate, spring flowers, gardening and breakfasts. Easy and so much quicker than trying to find a space to write.


A larger, light coloured title draws the eye and I used my veneer butterflies to add more of the same tone and well, they are flower related, aren't they?!?


Even with all the dark tones of the background, I love how the photos jump out. This is a page I'm totally happy with. Nice!



Are you inspired by this prompt? Have you made up your own Counterfeit kit? Have you been busy using it up? We would love to see what you come up with, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using our Link-Up Page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and use the tag #counterfeitkitchallenge). Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. I love this page Lisa, with colourful photos set against the rainy background to tell the story - our Easter was rainy too, then we had a tantalising peek of summer, but we're back to rain now! I also love the idea of just adding a few key words in mini alphas, instead of full-on journalling - I am lazy about journalling and hate my writing, but I do want to tel the stories, so that's a good idea, which I will definitely borrow! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...