Saturday 6 October 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge October mini-kit reveal

I'm back today with my Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini-kit and project. You can find the CKC blog post for the mini-kit reveal including Master Forger Susan's wonderful selection here.

I was keen to volunteer again because I've been really enjoying bringing together the small kit and then using it up right away. I've caught up on a month or two of Project Life 2017 and I saw this as an ideal chance to get working on another month - September. An autumn-themed kit would be perfect for both the inspiration that Leslie picked out for us and for the Project Life month to finish.

This month's inspiration for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is the Wild Hare Kits selection that was curated for Design Team member Mandi Holmes - you can find her unboxing video here.

Here is a collage that Leslie put together for us to showcase the papers in the original kit so we would be able to pick out the inspiration.


Knowing that I wanted to have a small kit that would still be useful for the doulbe spread I was planning, I decided to include three full sheets of paper as well as a few scraps.

I was inspired by the striped paper, the design by Pink Paislee that looks like embroidery and the cut apart sheet as well as the colours of autumn that seemed to run through the inspiration.

I found an interesting striped sheet with some pretty colours by Simple Stories and then noticed the the collection also had a design that looks like quilting. I was surprised to realise that this was the Mama Llama collection which would not normally spring to mind when you think about an autumn kit. I guess it just goes to show that you can combine products unexpectedly to create fun results.

Apologies for the bad light photos! Late night kitting and creating.

I also included a sheet from Shimelle's Go Now Go line which I had in mind from the beginning due to the autumnal shades. I found few additional cut apart pocket cards from the collection which brought in a little pink to match the Simple Stories papers and a month marker card which I knew would be perfect.


I added in sequins, mini letters and stickers which matched items in the original kit and then I noticed a small bunch of mini scraps and leftover elements from the Cedar Lane collection which seemed perfect as a little extra for my mini-kit.


There is a good mix of items in my kit even though it's small and compact. I love that side of making up my own kits.


Then I made up some pocket 6x4 cards which I'll use for decorative purposes in my Project Life. I glanced through the possible photos I'd be using and saw that we had a few day trips, an Oktoberfest party and the anniversary of when we met so that helped give me direction for my cards.


I adore these month cards and will be holding onto the others I have so that I can use a few more of them. This will be on the first side of my double spread.


The die cut from my forged Thickers was perfect for this celebratory card.


And I was happy to pile up with little word labels for this anniversary marker.


This cut-apart card didn't need much decoration because I didn't want to cover any of the pretty up!


I created all four cards in about 90 minutes - yes, I know that I'm slow - and they will go a long way in saving time when I come to pull together the full month as a whole, maybe tomorrow.

Don't forget that CKC will feature challenge projects on 12th & the 18th which we hope will help you use up those goodies in your own counterfeit kit.

As always, we love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeitchallenge )

3 comments:

  1. Such a treat to read through a process post! Your custom cards could not be more perfect for your Sept PL pages. As always I covet your kit 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how easy it can be to mix manufacturers sometimes and I love the pieces you pulled for your kit. Great idea to make those 4x6 cards and have them ready and waiting for when you're ready to make a full spread. I love how they each have so many little details - just like your lovely layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very good at putting things together! This looks as if it will have lots of uses ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...