Sunday 18 August 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge August challenge #2

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge in August is all about summer and with Challenge #2 Master Forger has prompted us to make a project about:  

"What is summer to you? What do you like to do? Do you like to read a book on the patio, garden, bird watch, or watch the kids play in the sprinkler?"

Just a reminder of my kit this month...

Find details of my kit here

I've been busy working with it and am loving the mix of colours and looks I'm getting. It's proving really versatile and this time around, I've gone with a cream based background, picking out the softer, creamier tones.

I decided to record a trip to the fair recently. Cranger Kirmes (funfair) is the second largest in Germany (after Oktoberfest) and the largest in North Rhine-Westphalia. It's a local legend and we managed to get there this year after several years of missing it. I planned our time there so that we would be able to get some great light-filled photos.


I raided the chipboard shapes as well as the Shimelle sticker book for anything that I thought could work for my theme and was really happy to find as many small items as I did to decorate the corners of my layout.

A sprinkle of mists and dots were the perfect final touches.


I like playing around with language and have mixed up English with German, even using the slang name for the area where we live here - the "Pott". It won't say anything to anyone who's not from round here but I like to show how connected to my adopted homeland I am!

I added in this alphabet after I realised that I didn't have enough of the letters I needed in the pack of Thickers that I'd included in my kit!


I wanted to use as many photos as I could and printed out 8 shots at just under 2x3 inch - 4 landscape and 4 portrait. Rather than lining them up in a standard grid, I played around to offset them into a pleasing pattern which would also give me space for the two 4x3 cards. I'm really surprised that I was able to fit so many elements onto the page including a large title in several places. I hope you can still see enough of the paper in the background too - so pretty!



Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to check out the other projects over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge - see blog post here.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2019). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...