Wednesday 1 January 2020

January 2020 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and blog hop!

Hello! And welcome to a new month, a new year and even a new decade right here on my very neglected blog!

There's been a lot going on over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog the last weeks but nothing round here so I hope you've been catching up over there instead.

But today, it's a new month and a new kit and a new beginning so hopefully you're back to see what inspiration we have for you to use your own wonderful supplies to make up fabulous kits that you will love to use!

You should have reached me via the ever delightful Leslie and up next is our new team member and talented YouTuber Shannon both of whom will no doubt thrill you with their takes on this month's kit which I had the pleasure of picking out for us all this month.

Don't forget to check out the full hop (at the end of this post) to catch up with ALL the team and our great Guest Designer Melodee too! So many ideas to get your creativity moving this early January morning!

I decided to choose a kit that was predominantly Christmas themed because we don't do a December kit over at CKC and this time of year, I have a bunch of photos from the recent festivities that I'm ready to think about scrapping! However, I think that the Citrus Twist kit I picked out has enough going on that could be taken in a non-Christmas direction with lots of nature themes and non-traditional colours. So if you're DONE with all that holiday cheer, then there's something for you too!

Our kit is the Citrus Twist Christmas Stories 2019 kit which can be found on this link here. There's lots of extra photos and a full content list over there as well. If you'd like to see the unboxing video they made, you can find that here.


I was in two minds about if I wanted to take it down the Christmas route or make it fresher but in the end, my Christmas supplies won out and I went all in on the jolly product selection!

So here is Yuletide!


I started with a new sheet of Christmas tree paper (top left) that reminded me of that tree design in the original kit (bottom left) and went from there.  I picked out some darker colours but made sure to include the reds, greens, blues and pinks - in varying intensity - from the original kit. I know this is a big kit but I haven't actually made a kit for a while and if I have any chance of actually scrapping some Christmas photos, then I will need a lot of choice!


I included some florals, some snowflakes, some repeated designs as well as cut apart sheets and the all-over words and woodgrain that you can find in the original.


There's a lot of newer paper here but also some really old stuff from SEI and K&Co which must be 12 or more years old! It will be good to see if I can mix these together and get them used up.


Then came the list of embellishments which is always the fun bit. Doilies, pompoms, sequins, word stickers, die-cuts, alphabets, twine (although I suspect that I've selected something that isn't real twine - let's see!), enamel dots, stickers and pocket cards.


Again, I think you can see that there are older and new products here so I'm curious to see what comes of this mix. I'm sure all those Thickers will need extra glue to keep them on the page!


Lots of stickers that can be used on cards, pockets and pages. I really need to use some of them up!


Cute puffy stickers - maybe too cute for my style?


A bunch of sequins and a section of random die-cut elements from Pinkfresh.


Oh yes, and a selection of tapes which need starting. Most of these items came from older Shimelle Christmas kits.


And there you have it - Yuletide - incorporating lots and lots of Christmas products from across the years in a way that hopefully bring it all up to date. I'm hoping to scrap at least a handful of festive pages and cards with this so wish me luck.

And the name? I tried to find something that meant more than just the couple of days of Christmas itself and this seems to refer to the period around Christmas which seems perfect to me. I'm not sure how far after Christmas it really relates to but let's just say that this girl is making the rules and for me, that's this first month at least!

Here's the full hop list today to make sure that you don't miss out on any of the fun. Make sure you say hi to all the team as you hop along!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com
Guest Designer Melodee - https://www.instagram.com/melodeeruley/


We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!


7 comments:

  1. Tres bien. I'll be watching for those candy striped thicker to show up on a layout. With a lot of people of Ukrainian decent in this corner of the world, Christmas celebrations continue on to Jan 7 at the least. Followed by my birthday. The party just goes on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous kit, Lisa! I love your papers that you have picked! Enjoy creating with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit is gorgeous! You have some really pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, hands down my favorite kit this month. The elements that combine the blue, green and white are just fabulous. And those two washi tapes on the left, so swoonworthy. I cannot wait to see what gorgeous layouts you whip up. Get to it -- I'm waiting!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop-dead gorgeous! This will light up your cold winter nights of crafting. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree this is a gorgeous kit :) Love the chosen paper and what fun embellishments too. Yes a large kit for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have known that you would have a soft, beautiful and wee bit whimsical kit. It's such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...