Friday 1 May 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit reveal and hop

It's May already and here we are for the latest Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and blog hop which is always exciting. A new month, new challenges, new inspiration. Not to forget that tomorrow is {inter}National Scrapbook Day and there's even more going on over at the CKC blog so don't forget to check that out too.

But back to today's hop. Hopefully, you've reached me from Julene's blog - I'm sure her kit is fabulously huge as always - and next up is Lori - her enthusiasm and productivity is very inspiring! This month, we're delighted to welcome Ashley who can be found at her blog here. You'll find the full list at the end of the post and I really think you can't afford to miss a single kit this month - such great stuff out there!

Master Forger Leslie has picked out the Club Echo Park March 2020 Kit (find it here: https://clubechopark.com/current-kit.php) which is based on the Carta Bella "Oh Happy Day" collection which was so full of luscious colours that my kit was a pleasure to pull together.

Here are some photos that Leslie created for us.



And this is the kit that I created - Llamaricious!


I have to say that this kit turned into something I wasn't expecting and much bigger than planned - but you know what? I started using it today already and I have to say that I am STILL missing some embellishments!

Here are my papers and I kicked things off with that bird paper in the top row by Crate Paper followed by the two Pink Paislee (grey and yellow) and built it out from there. The original seemed quite whimsical with birds, lemons, vases and hats so I decided to throw in my leftovers from a  collection featuring llamas and cactus and then my eye fell on the Valentine collection I got by Pebbles which also features llamas, plenty of hearts and candy stripes, with a good sprinkle of other cute animals. I know it doesn't really look like the original but it all seemed to go together with the pinks and aquas I'd already included, I also found a sheet of mason jars which I thought would be a good substitute for the vases. I love this mix of papers!




On to the embellishments and like I said above, I feel that I should add a few more to give me some more variety but let's see what I've added so far.

I started off with the washi from the Pebbles collection and went from there. Some Crate Paper stickers - words, labels and borders seemed to offer some different shapes and shades.


Puffy stickers from Pebbles, the full sticker book from the Carta Bella Summer Market collection....


Lots of Thickers that matched the papers as well as the Pebbles glitter words and a smaller letter sticker set by October Afternoon, finished off with some enamel style dots which I can't live without.


To finish off, I spotted these llama clips. I think I've had these in a kit before and they didn't get used so let's see if I can find an appropriate way to include them on a page!


Huge but clearly not huge enough! Do you have any suggestions of what embellishment I'm missing?

I'm trying to get a couple of items for the Forgery on the Fourth so check out the CKC blog on the fourth to see if I managed that as well as throughout the month! There's LOADS going on this month - you don't want to miss out on any of it!

Here's the full list in case you need it and thanks for dropping by today! Happy hopping!


8 comments:

  1. A cute quirky kit Lisa. I like all your animals and the pops of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit. The hedgehogs and deer are so sweet. Love the title of your kit. Have funs scrapping.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny - llamaricious! There are so many pretty things in your kit as I would expect, the llama paper is not one of them! You realize you have to use it, no cheating by choosing the B side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of the kit-so cute! You have so many pretty items in this kit. I love how yours morphed into llamas! Very cute! Missing? Maybe Doilies and flowers, but not much else, if anything at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. I love it. And I would like you to send it to me. It's so fun! I love all of the cheeky little embellishments and have had a minor swoon over that cut apart sheet with the tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun kit for sure and that bird paper is just scrumptious :) I love your take on the kit :) with a fun name :) Have fun creating this month hopefully I'll see some of these on layouts up on LOAD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit with so much fun goodies!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...