Tuesday 1 November 2022

November 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit Reveal and Hop

 I'm thrilled that it's November again - my favourite month of the year - and it's going to be a busy one this time around!

In fact, it's very early in the morning of the first here in Germany and I've only just managed to put my kit together and get it photographed. So please excuse the less than stellar photos! But it looks like this is a sign of what is to come this month. And I'm going to try and embrace the chaos rather than let it stress me. Wish me luck!

Now, down to business.

I'm in charge of the kit business in November at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and I love getting the chance to pick out a kit that feels right for the month to come.

I selected the Scrapbook Werkstatt October 2022 kit “Herbstzauber” and I think it's rather lovely for something  a bit different for autumn. It's not a kit that directly makes you think of falling leaves and pumpkin spice but there are enough motifs, patterns and colours for you to take it in any direction you want. (The kit is no longer available on the site but we have linked to the Scrapbook Werkstatt main page!) 

You can find inspiration from the Scrapbook Werkstatt team here.

Scrapbook Werkstatt October 2022 kit “Herbstzauber” 

Here is my "Falling" kit.

I started off with the green paper from the Paige Evans Wonders collection and then added in the blue, the stripe, the hearts and the blue ombre type paper before moving onto Crate Paper where I included the cut-apart sheet and the tickets which definitely reminded me of the original kit.

I then scoured through my Jen Hadfield, Vicki Boutin, Shimelle, Heidi Swapp and PinkFresh Studio to complete my 12 papers - that's a lot for me! I think I ticked all the design boxes - stripes, circles, ledger, spots, small print, watercolour effect, tickets...

I think my papers have turned out a lot softer and pinker than the original kit but I know that I have the b-sides and that bottom row of papers will help add a pop of stronger stuff when I want it!

Then I simply went through my Pinkfresh Studio supplies and picked out a large and a small alphabet, some die cuts and some other puffy / chipboard / sticker elements with brighter and softer colours before heading over to my enamel dot collection to make sure I had enough shapes and shades. 

My wooden Shimelle buttons match the inspiration kit and for good measure I threw in some bright banners from Paige Evans and some gold puffy embellishments from the Jen Hadfield collection.



I'd say there are definitely elements which are very similar to the original kit but my version is a bit softer and less bold. But I think it's going to work for some of the layouts I have in mind for this month. Let's see if I can manage more than one single layout this month!

To finish off, I'd like to make sure that I give a big shout out to our wonderful Guest Designer Machelle who is well known to the CKC community and we are delighted to have her with us again this month.

Right - let's get this month started!

Here is the hop list so that you don’t miss out on any of the team’s inspiration:

 You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

6 comments:

  1. Great kit. I like the softer take on the colors. Have fun scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kit! Lots of pinks and I see tickets,stars and big circle paper.Fabulous components to scrap with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your kit! I loved that green paper from the inspiration kit but I didn't have anything with that type of pattern in my stash. I also really like those puffy stickers from Pinkfresh studio you included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your kits and especially that you tend to create from the softer side of the palette! I hope you can find time to do a couple of layouts with it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems everybody has a bit of Pinkfresh in their kits. Your conglomeration is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your kits and the directions you take them. This is another winner!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...