Friday 6 April 2012

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April kit reveal blog hop


Welcome to the April Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal blog hop.

If you've arrived here directly, you might want to pop back to the Counterfeit blog to hop your way through all the participants and if you're here by way of the talented Julie Ann, then you are on the right track (and I bet she has totally wowed you with her use of colour!)

This month we've travelled across the pond to my side of the world and have two incredible inspiration kits from Kits de Somni based in Spain. Now I don't speak Spanish so it took me a while to find my way around their site but to save you the trouble, you can find the details of the main kit {here}. 

We all fell in love with the simpler feel and tones of our March kit with those softer yellows and blues but I can tell you that there were audible gasps across the internet from the whole team as we checked out these wonderfully bright and dramatic kits for April.

Take a look at them - aren't they just gorgeous?




I decided to take the first kit because I fell in love with all those colours and lots of paper and embellishments.

Again, I didn't have a single item that matched the inspiration so I decided to just go colourful. It's funny as I actually went stash shopping yesterday but deliberately didn't take the kit list with me so that I would shop my stash for this kit - the principle of buying some new stash in but feeling virtuous by using older stuff up at the same time rules round here!

I started by selecting some bright cardstock, layered up piles of paper (which I later reduced to 12 sheets) and then lavished lots of colourful embellishments on top. I matched up a few of the item choices from the original such as some doilies, tags, a bit of kraft, flowers, ribbons and tickets. For the tickets, I stamped my own and cut them out and intend to add a sentiment or two to the centre of each one as I use it up. This was a lot of fun, fishing out all the brightest papers I could find and I've included some really OLD stuff in there - LOL. Let's see if it gets used up or not.


My photos were taken early in the morning so the light is a little cold, but take it from me, it's just gorgeous in real. "Blossom" seemed to be a very appropriate name for this vivid, vivacious kit.


The rest of the team have been swooning over these inspiration kits from Kits de Somni so I just know there are going to be some gorgeous creations along the hop so make sure you check them out and then share your own kits over at the Counterfeit site (here). Don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know you were here - I love seeing who's dropped by :-)

Your next stop on the hop is the delightful Margie (here) and just in case you get lost along the way, here is the full blog hop list.



Guest Designer: Libeeti  http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/
Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ <--- You are here
Margie http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/ <--- Go here next

Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping.

21 comments:

  1. Yes there were gasps at the pure beauty but then reality for me set in and I struggled this month. I am loving all the various takes though, so different and unique to each of us, just what CKCB is about. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh course I'm not surprised at all that you would pull together a really pretty kit - I especially like the twin punch of blue and green in there. I can't wait to see what you scrap with all these lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Lisa - you're a counterfeiting marvel!

    Love the April blog header too :o)

    Not loving that you still have word verification on though :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kit, the handmade flowers and embellies especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! I had a hard time paring down the paper pile, too - everything you picked looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous job counterfeiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice take on the original kit! I love that you made your own tags and used some 'really old stuff.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful kit! can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an amazing original kit - and I think you have really done it justice with this one! and I love the way you give your kit a name too. I'll be looking out to see where you go with Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how fun and bright your kit is! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a wonderful job making the kit your own! I love all the extra goodies you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kits De Somni have always been a persona favourite of mine - so I'm thrilled you have such a wonderful kit to counterfeit this month. Looking forward to playing along this month!

    Thanks also for your lovely comments earlier this week (I'm still trying to get back into a blogging routine) but they mean so much to me after such a long time away xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great kit and all those embellies are going to be fun. looking forward to seeing how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful kit! I love your papers and embellieshments (expecially the way you've made your own ones), but mostly I love the fact that I'm not the only one gathering more and more supplies while making the counterfeit kit... LOL
    I'm really curious to see what lovely creations you'll make with this beautiful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lisa :) Sorry, I have not been by for some time! I love how you came up with your kit - beautiful colors and lovely embellies :)

    So happy you will be part of MAE again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful collection of goodness here, Lisa! Love all of the vibrant colors like the hot pinks and turquoise. I am so enjoying this CKC process. I really feel like I have a command of my stash since I have examined every nook and cranny looking for all things that may work with the kit. This is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bright and pretty. Can't wait to see what you make this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty colors! I love all of your choices for this.It looks so very bright and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shoot! They were supposed to take me off the blog hop list. :( Drooling over your kit. I'm debating whether to do this kit for May, since I LOVE it, and didn't get to do it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...