Thursday 6 September 2012

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to the September Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop kit reveal.

If you've arrived here directly, I recommend you go back to the beginning of the hop over at the CKC site (here) so you don't miss out on any of the fun and inspiration. If you are here via the delightful Julie Ann (here) then you are on the right track and I'm glad you've stopped by. Leave me a message to let me know you were here and then go off and make up your kit! 

This month our Guest Designer is the most fabulous Clair from Obstinate Pursuit! How delightful is that?

The CKC has been making me very happy these last months with their GDs by choosing several of my lovely blog friends: first Leslie, then Lynette and now Clair. Happy dance!

This month's kit is made up of two parts - an inspiration kit and CHA Summer inspiration. Fun!

First off, we were given the kit from Birds of a Feather for August 2012 {here} which appealed to me straight away with its clean lines and pretty colours and Studio Calico products.


Even though I had a few of the products in the kit, I decided to just match it in a more interpretive way - product types, colours etc. I included one single SC paper and then looked for patterns that are similar - the discs, the ledger paper, a small floral. Then the same with the embellishments - twine, twill, flowers, some clips, some mini journalling spots, some tapes, some alphas and a handful of buttons

I've called my kit "Packing" as that is exactly what I'll be up to this month! 

I'm hoping that my CKC kits will be able to keep me going on the scrapbooking front until I get all my stuff out in my new room. I'm just intending on making up a mini tool kit and then just hold onto this kit and the three I have yet to finish and keep it to that!


And then there was the second part of our challenge - to be inspired by our favourite CHA Summer releases. Three to be precise.

This was a bit harder for me as I hadn't really paid attention to what had been exhibited. But a scroll through some of the links that the other Master Forgers offered up and I tracked down three products that really caught my eye from Jenni Bowlin, Amy Tan and BasicGrey.

First up is something that I suspect you might see on several stops on the hop - seems like we all fell in love with these paper feathers by JBS. 

I loved the vellum version of them and especially with the white on white so I tried it out.

Vellum Feathers by Jenni Bowlin Studio



Then there were the stitched layered hearts by Amy Tan over at American Crafts even though I only managed to track down a blurry photo on Shimelle's blog.

Photo courtesy of Shimelle's blog


And last but not least, there were the BG hangers and I think that I'll be using my versions on cards but we will have to see.

Hangers by Basic Grey


Next on the hop is Libeeti and she makes a lot of her own embellishments so I am sure she will have made some winners for the second part of the kit this month!

And here's the full hop list in case you get lost along the way!


Guest Designer: Claire http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.de/

Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ <---- you are here
Libeeti http://creationswithlove-li-bee-ti.blogspot.com/ <---- go here next 

20 comments:

  1. ok, you just bumpeed up in my cool gauge with these counterfit products. toooo cool lady! I absolutely adore it. I will be trying some of these soon. thanks for the inspiration. (and cool kit name too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kit Lisa! Did you make the hangers yourself? Very clear and well done if you did, there are gorgeous

    Few bits of running around this morning, clear up the craft space then I'm picking my kit. Loved it last month and managed 10 LOs but did find mid month i got a little sick of the kit and had a good scrap with some other stuff and did buy new CHA but at least i was using up the old stuff and not just mass increasing! Win, win

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 am

    Your handmade embellishments are lovely - I want to go make the feathers and the hangers now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are sooo clever! I have been encouraging the ladies who come to my crop to look at the counterfeit blog to encourage them to be creative and make their own embellishments. We are going to have a go at paperclip bows next time I think! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab fab counterfeiting Lisa - love the layered hearts especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh...had forgotten those yummy feathers - yay, Lisa! can't wait to see how you managed it - is there wire in the middle?
    Can't imagine how you can manage all of this & a move as well - are you going far away?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that lush stash. Lovin' the feathers. And the hangers are pretty darn cute. Truly looking forward to what comes out of this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp....little hangers! and those feathers...love it all. Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...those feathers! Looking for the vellum right now. And guess what? I have those hangers. I almost wish I didn't so I could make some. Sooo cute. Now I'll know what to do when my stash is depleted. I see the kraft paper (like the color of the boxes that surround you) and some washi (like the packing tape!) Packing is the perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, your handmade embellishments are stunning. I think your feathers are better than the originals! You have a cute kit and I really hope you have chance to use it!

    Thanks for all of your support here and on m blog x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit is gorgeous, and I love all the hand made embellies! The feathers are awesome, as are the little hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb kit and love your embellies! As someone who recently went through a move, I feel your pain and hope you get all your stuff unpacked and organized a lot quicker than I did! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those feathers are so pretty!! Great job!

    Great kit. I hope you get lots of time to use it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely kit Lisa :) I really like those feathers, I might have to try and find some!
    Hope all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great kit! Your feathers are amazing and I can't wait to see how you use the hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:42 am

    Love your three CHA inspired embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. those hangers are so cute. Great hearts and flowers too.

    All the best with the packing, I've just finished unpacking from our house move

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous kit and I adore the embellies you've counterfeited!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like a lovely gathering of goodies. I hope you end up with more time and opportunity to craft than you think. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought I already commented on this, but I guess I missed it...Lisa, you truly knocked it out of the park with this kit!! It is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...