Friday 16 November 2012

I just made #70!

I made it. I reached my target of at least 60 Christmas cards made. It might be a few days late but it's not too bad. In fact, I just counted up and I managed 70!

I've made a few this week that I can't actually share just yet but here is my take on the latest Jingle Belles prompt #24 "Christmas Feast".

It's the last one of the year and they are inspiring us to include food of some sort on our cards. A nod to this being Thanksgiving time of year as well as all the delicious food that is associated with Christmas.

I was surprised to find that I didn't have any paper with food on it. I expected to find Christmas puddings somewhere on the Figgy Pudding papers but nothing!

So I went with candy from the Eskimo Kisses line, making a little layered banner full of sweets.

Simple and fun and a way to use some of the stickers I knew I wouldn't use on layouts. I sprinkled a liberal amount of sparkly bling just to finish it off and a sweet (pun intended) sentiment.


And there you have it. Card #70!

I spent some time yesterday stamping inners with a mix of English and German sentiments so now I just have to put them all together and get writing! I'm aiming to get them in the post the first week of December (wow, so early!) and I could NEVER have managed that if it weren't for the delightfully, wonderful girls over at Jingle Belles.

This is their last prompt of the year but you can be sure that they will be back in January for the next batch of fun prompts to get us Jingling all year. You really should join in!

4 comments:

  1. Blingy candy ... pure holiday magic ... and a big woot woot! to you for reaching your holiday card-making goal ... so very glad we could join you on your journey at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on that amazing total! Mine is 0 :). Such a pretty paper with that bling ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card and that is SUCH a greeeeeat sentiment!!! i think i might stamp that inside my gingerbread card, actually, thanks for the idea! ♥♥♥ HOORAY to you for making your goal with such aplomb, not that ANYONE ever doubted it! (sorry, i keep scrolling back up to look at the card... what a great use of those BG candy stickers yikes, so cool!!!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to use those BG stickers. Mine are still on their sheet, waiting to be used. I think you also inspired Lauren to use them on her second card LOL. Love how the bling finishes off the design. Still have not reached my goal of 60. I'm hoping I can get sth. done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...