Hopefully you're joining me today via Leslie's blog and her infamous and spectacular Blue Box but if not, you can start at the start of the hop back at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and hop on from there. When you've had as much as you can take here :-) then carry on over to Lynnette for the show stealing kit presentation she's sure to have. Love my L sandwich! The full list can be found at the end of the post.
Don't forget to head over to our wonderful Guest Designer Emma too who will amaze you with her kit skills - and she's only been Counterfeiting for a few months! This girl is prolific so I'm sure she has an incredible kit to share.
We've been shaking things up recently, and this month is no different. We were given a current manufacturer's collection to forge - but not just one. We were asked to pick one of the 8 recent BasicGrey collections and make it our own.
Now, you KNOW how much I love BG so the only thing that was hard for me was picking which one. And I was surprised to find that I actually only had one of the selection already - Aurora. You can find all the collections in question here at the Basic Grey site under the "What's New?" tab. The list is: Barista, South Pacific, Tea Garden, Prism, Adrift, J'Adore, Vivienne, Aurora.
I ummmed and ahhhhhed about which one to pick - Barista was in the lead for quite some time but in the end, went with Prism because I thought it matched a lot of my recent purchases and we all know that the name of the game is to get those papers getting used up. I bought them so I love them so I should use them and not just gaze lovingly at them. I've created a CKC June Prism Pinterest board with all the papers and elements of the collection here. If I get time later on, I'll add all the papers I've used in my counterfeit kit as there's a lot to take in with 18 designs and lots of paper/veneer based embellishments.
Here's a look at Prism.
And now let me show you Spectrum
Shall we break it down a little to show where all that stuff came from? Yes, it's another mega-kit for June. Wish me luck in using it all up - maybe by the end of the year!
Here's the paper selection laid out in almost the same way as the original paper pack at the top.
I ended up with 18 papers as I matched both a and b sides of the original. This is what I did to tie up papers:
- BG Medallion a-side pink on pink / Me Echo Park Sweet Girl Lace Damask
- BG Medallion b-side white background/coloured triangles / Me Webster's Pages #Happy Story Teller Card II
- BG Aztec a-side white background with triangle dots / Me Studio Tekturek One Way Ticket #07
- BG Aztec b-side mustard on mustard / Me Simple Stories Vintage Bliss Yellow Grid
- BG Pyramid a-side white background with triangles in diamonds blue/green/grey / Me October Afternoon Treasure Map Shipwreck Coast
- BG Pyramid b-side black / Me Webster's Pages #Happy Jazzed
- BG Weave a-side orange on orange / Me Echo Park Capture Life Arrows
- BG Weave b-side multi-coloured chequers / Me October Afternoon Treasure Map Moaning Cavern
- BG Petals a-side flowers on black background / Me Webster's Pages #Happy Good Stuff
- BG Petals b-side pink on pink / Me October Afternoon Treasure Map Skull Rock
- BG Spoke a-side blue on blue / Me Echo Park Capture Life Fave Places
- BG Spoke b-side blue/green diamond floral / Me Webster's Pages #Happy True Blue
- BG Beaded a-side mustard on mustard / Me Pink Paislee Atlas Compass
- BG Beaded b-side white background with threaded diamonds blue/yellow/pink etc / Me Echo Park Capture Life Chevrons
- BG Quilt a-side black background with random line pattern / Me Basic Grey Aurora Lynx
- BG Quilt b-side black/blue/pink/yellow triangle zig zag / Me October Afternoon Treasure Map Dead Man's Pass
- BG Mod a-side pink/yellow flowers / Me Echo Park Sweet Girl Journalling Cards
- BG Mod b-side yellow/green circles on white background / Me Scrapperin 31 Wintertage #4
Phew, that's a lot of papers considering every single one is double sided.
Then I added in some alphas and embellishments which matched the original collection.
Behind two sheets of vellum here, you can see several alphas, both large and small to copy the large 12x12 alpha sheet in the original - in black, yellow, pink, aqua, mustard - all colours which will match my papers.
There are some die cut labels which I hope to decorate to mirror the kraft labels in the Prism collection (and some flair just for good measure)
And some veneer shapes with lasered designs
Prism has a pack of die-cut shapes so I used my Cameo to cut some gold and white cardstock shapes which seemed to fit the style of the papers - geometrics, ampersands, feathers, sunbursts etc
|Those two Valentine postcards were freebies for a shop - I think they are perfect here|
Some fabric frames are also in this die-cut category for me.
Some journalling cards in both 6x4 and 3x4
Some washi-tapes and star enamels
Some extra veneers and a speech bubble clip
So let's finish off with a few more detail shots in case you haven't seen enough...
And one last shot of the full kit to sign off
In real life, I feel this is quite a good match for the original Prism collection and was a very interesting exercise! I love BG so much but can't always justify getting every new release. This just proves once again that we all have stash that can be used to replicate kits that work for us.
It would be lovely to hear your thoughts on my kit (and how many layouts do you think I'll manage to produce with this enormous collection of stash) and now don't forget to hop on to see Lynnette. I had a sneak of her kit the other day, and it's another winner.
Here's the full list in case you get lost along the way.
Guest Designer Emma https://www.flickr.com/photos/64255593@N06/