Friday 18 May 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - 2017 Trends

Welcome back to today's post for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge second inspiration prompt of the month.

Master Forger Leslie challenged us to be inspired by scrapbook trends from 2017 that were featured in a recent Scrap Gals podcast by Tracy Fox. You can find out all the 12 trends she mentioned over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog today as well, of course, at Tracy's own blog here where she's brought together all 12 trends into one blog post with links to the individual blog posts. I love that Leslie brought our attention to this and love all the names Tracy gave to the trends. I picked a few to choose from: Get Angular, Yippee Strippy!, Embedded Embellishments, Scribble It! and Decorated Seams.

Independent of the Counterfeit challenge, I realised that I had recently had a go at the Decorated Seams style with a layout I made for the Scrapabilly May Kit des Monats which features Pinkfresh Studio Be You products, This was my favourite layout of the kit and I really piled on the die cuts across the join of the two papers. I've seen this style online here and there and was happy to have a go myself. And I'm really pleased with the result.



This meant that I didn't really want to repeat the same style again so soon and went through the list once more, eventually deciding on Get Angular. I really think I'll be going back through this list to try some of the others too as they all look really fun to make - it was hard to pick just one.

There were some full sheets of paper left in my May kit, Funky which was great for this as I layered up three angular papers coming in from the same direction as Tracy's. I realise that I could have made this angle more pronounced to really get that triangular shape coming into the page but overall, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Sorry for the poor photos. Maybe I'll try to get some better ones in daylight and change them out!




Are you inspired by this prompt? Have you made up your own Counterfeit kit? Have you been busy using it up? We would love to see what you come up with, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using our Link-Up Page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and use the tag #counterfeitkitchallenge). Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...