Sunday 1 March 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge March kit reveal hop

Welcome to March and to a new Counterfeit Kit Challenge month of inspiration.

You should have reached me from the fabulous Leslie and then delightful Lori is next up on your journey. And we are so very lucky to have the wonderful Julie as our Guest Designer again this month - it's always a treat when Julie joins us! Make sure you say hi! But as ever, you can find the full blog hop list at the end of the post. Of course, you should visit everyone on the hop as we all loved the kit Lori picked out for us and so I'm sure that there will be some amazing kits to be inspired by.

Now onto the kit.

Lori picked out the Citrus Twist February 2020 Scrapbooking Add-on and what a stunner it is! All those gorgeous colours and scrummy embellishments! It's got lots of Pinkfresh Studio in there as well as well as a smattering of Crate Paper. The rainbow paper caught my eye immediately - and of course the blue paper which looks like it might be stars and constellations! - and just think there's so much to love here. There's a whole lot of spring feeling in this kit and I really like the light feel to it all.

Citrus Twist February 2020 Scrapbooking Add-on

There is also a coordinating Life Crafted kit (for pocket pages) that is super cute too.

Life Crafted kit 

I went to my Pinkfresh Studio stash and found a lighter-than-usual blue constellation paper and matched that up with a Photoplay rainbow sheet that I had snapped up recently. This then became the base for my kit!

So, here is Rainbow!


I decided that this could be a bit of a smaller kit because I've been scrapping up a storm during February and made 30 layouts in 29 days for LOAD, using up all my remaining kits (July, August, November and January) and I think I'll be taking it a little easier in March. (Even though Scrap Happy is hosting Calvinball2020 which might tempt me a little now that I'm back in the creative swing).

For my papers, I picked out a few other items from Pinkfresh - the vellum and a partial sheet of bird design which reminded me of the original - before turning to Crate where I found the word covered paper and then Pink Paislee for the clouds and tropical flowers. This may not seem a lot but several of the b-sides are perfect to use too and I think this will be good for a handful of layouts. You never know, if I run out of kit, I could just make up another one mid-month! I think my kit turned out a bit brighter than the original but I still think it's very much a spring collection. Can't wait to cut into that paper!




I then added a bunch of embellishments and alphabets as LOAD showed me that these are the items I usually go off to find and then add into my kit during the creative process - my kits grow a lot during their lifetime!



I looked for shapes and colours that reminded me of the original kit and while I may not have matched item for item, I think it shares a similar vibe! At the last minute, I also three in a few really old items to see if I could use them up. I think I'll be trying to do more of that this year. I have a lot of old stash that I still love so I shouldn't always reach for the new shiny purchases!



Here's the full hop list today to make sure that you don't miss out on any of the fun. Make sure you say hi to all the team as you hop along!



We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!





9 comments:

  1. Your constellation paper is wonderful and the rainbow one also. Looks like a comprehensive kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got my attention with that tropical floral and the cuter than cute little puffy stickers. Enjoy it - cause it's a fab kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kit is bright and fun! I love your paper choices and I see you had some fun star embellishments too. I hope you can keep up your crafting momentum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous kit, love those blooms and bright papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is wonderful. I *love* all of your embellishments. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet name for the kit and just love the kit you created too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the clear fresh colourways - and having seen the first rainbow of my year today, this kit looks so spring-like and cheering. That paper with the flowers and leaves, and the stars, are my favourite items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just now hopping! I adore that your kit is brighter than the inspo, especially that yummy pile of floral diecuts... So glad to hear that you are back creating & inspired! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your bright pastels. It’s a gorgeous kit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...