Wednesday 1 April 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April kit reveal and hop

Welcome to the blog today and happy 1st April.

It's a strange world right now and I'm happy and grateful for this hobby of ours to help distract us from the 24/7 news reports from across the globe. I hope that you are safe, healthy and feeling positive and I'm happy to be sharing our Counterfeit Kit Challenge April kit with you today.

I'm hoping you reached me via the always wonderful Leslie and as always, the lovely Lori is up after me but don't forget to drop in on our fabulous Guest Designer Mel who joins us all the way from New Zealand! You can find her on Instagram here https://www.instagram.com/meldavis.nz/


Clair's in charge this month and she's picked the gorgeous Cocoa DaisyOrchard Path Kits - there's a wide selection available so there's sure to be something that inspires you! Pocket KitTravellers Notebook KitPlanner Kit and lots and lots of extras.




I adored the colour scheme of the original and let that guide my kit almost completely. 


My kit seems to have strayed from the original to some degree but it has the main shades of peach and green.


I started off by glancing though some older BasicGrey pages and found that green design (top left) followed by the peach/green tones (2nd left) and then the map print which has green a slights richer peach (5th left).


I then added in some more peach papers that caught my eye and some darker grey/green papers to broaden the colour scheme.


The navy print reminded me of the darker shades in the original and then I saw a partial cut apart sheet that just seemed to go with the others and threw that in too. A few 6x6 sheets featuring pretty florals rounded off the papers and picked out remaining elements I was inspired by in the Cocoa Daisy original.


The embellishments were kicked off by including items from the same My Mind's Eye collection as the cut apart sheet - some pocket cards, brads, stickers, enamel shapes, buttons, die cuts etc. Even though these do not match all the colours in the rest of the kit, I thought it was a great place to start to make sure I included lots of pretty bits and pieces which is often what I'm off searching for additionally when making pages.

There's also the sticker sheet from BasicGrey that matches two of the patterned papers I've included. It's hardly touched so let's see if I can get creative this month.


I included three different alphabets and a partial set of enamel dots as well as a set of chipboard shapes (no-name) which I've yet to make much headway into. 



It's definitely a bigger kit than I've had the last few months but I think it's going to work for me. I'm hoping to get inspired to scrap some more while I'm spending all my time at home. It's difficult to find the motivation at the moment with everything that's going on but I know it will do me some good if I can concentrate on the pretty stuff on my craft table rather than the scary stuff on TV.

Thanks for coming along today. Don't forget to hop along to all the team this month and here's the list in case you get lost along the way.

Sending positive vibes across the miles to you all. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home. 






8 comments:

  1. Wonderful kit you created and a lovely name too :) Love the gold you added and the blues too :) Have fun and stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous kit, Lisa! You have so many gorgeous elements in your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! What a beatiful kit you have put together here! There are so many pretty goodies to play with in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous kit Lisa! The navy and the map paper are good additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kits are always beautiful but this one really has my heart and I *think* I like it more than the inspiration kit. I love the mix of florals and botanicals and I adore all of your embellishments. I really hope you find some comfort in your crafting this month! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green and peach are such great companions! Your selection is very pretty and fresh - loving those enamel dots and basic grey stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I could go on and on about how pretty this kit is - I shall limit my comment to this. Peachy keen! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa: your assembled copy-cat kit is terrific and I definitely like that you have so many papers in the soft greens and peach tones! The pops of raspberry pink give the palette a bit of a kick as well. Have lots of creative fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...