Monday 1 November 2021

November 2021 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and hop

 How is it possible that the last time I posted anything here on my blog was way back in June? That's going to have to change. New year, new plans 😉.

But in the meantime, I hope you've hopped over here to see what I've done with our November Counterfeit Kit Challenge inspiration kit!

I love picking out the November kit and making it extra special - it's my birthday month in case you were wondering why! - and this month is no different.

Not only did I get to pick out a kit that I adore in autumnal colours that call out my name, but I also got to invite an online bestie, Susanne to join us as Guest Designer for the month! Win-win-win!

So, here is the inspiration kit I picked out for us - Felicity Jane September 2021 - Emily.

Felicity Jane September 2021 - Emily

I usually try not to pick an inspiration kit which only has exclusive products but this one really got my heart racing and decided it had to be the one for us in November. The colours are stunning and I really liked the patterns and designs of the papers and embellishments. You can find out all the details over at the Felicity Jane site here.

Now... here's the thing... I've got full-on rogue this month and done something that is totally not my usual counterfeit style.

When I was looking through my supplies, my eyes fell on some Studio Calico pouches that I picked up in a sale some time ago - two years ago maybe, although probably even longer. And I felt sure that I could find some gorgeous autumnal stuff in there. Well, not only did I find a piece of paper in a rather fetching shade of orange that I fell in love with, but that whole kit (Studio Calico June 2016 - Expedition) just seemed to fit the colours, design and feel of the Emily. So... do you know what I did? I decided just to use the WHOLE kit as my November Counterfeit kit. 

😳 😉

On another level of fun, this Studio Calico kit was actually chosen as our exclusive extra inspiration for (i)NSD in 2019 (find all the details here) and I only realised that when I saw the sheet of paper with the large quote. Anyway, I did take out one or two items that just didn't fit what I wanted my kit to be but it has all the basic colours and designs that you can find in the original even if it's a little brighter and bolder! And of course, no doubt I will add some extras in as I go along - alphas, enamel dots etc.

But honestly, I just didn't feel in the mood for reinventing the wheel when I had a kit that just spoke to me, that's years old but still untouched and that I know I will enjoy using! I just needed the push to make the first cut. I'm not sure I've ever just picked up an existing kit and said that this was my Counterfeit kit and it feels good to shake things up this month.

I told the team, "My kit month, my rules!" and I want you to take away this message - your kit, your rules. There's no "right" way to make your kit. Just bring together products that make you happy and you're good to go.

So after such a long introduction, here's my "Highlands" kit.



The oranges, the yellows, the graphic black and white, the dark blues. It's all there! I've got a plan to make a few travel pages and I know that with the focus on the outdoor of these products, it's going to be a good combination. Wish me luck!

It's going to be a great month and I can't wait to get started - how about you?

Here's the full hop list today in case you get lost and don't forget to share your kits and projects over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2021). 

5 comments:

  1. Why not go rogue.You made a good choice there and there's still yellow and some apricot tones too. Great looking kit Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we do think alike, don't we. I also started with old kits that had been set aside for ages. That blue paper totally looks like it would be in your kit, reminds me that you've been drawn to that type for a long time. I can't wait to see what you do with this travel themed kit - I hope you enjoyed getting the photos to use with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did go totally rogue! That’s too funny! I like that you used a full kit and just grabbed it. Part of our goal here IS to help us use up our stash! Great kit Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PERFECT for your November wanderings! And going ROGUE for your birthday month is allowed :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rich colors and the constellation pieces you added in. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...