Tuesday 1 February 2022

February 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit and reveal

 It's been a while. I know I say that a lot but I feel it's important to let you know that I know! I am trying to do better and as always at the beginning of the year, I have plans... wish me luck.

But I think you're not here to hear my platitudes and (seemingly empty) promises πŸ˜‰. I hope you are here for the new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit and to see my interpretation of it. So let's get going.

Hopefully, you've reached me from Leslie and next up is Tara. This is such a fabulous kit that you know you're not going to want to miss a single stop on the hop so that you catch all the inspiration so make sure you say hi as you go along. And of course, say a special hello to our wonderful Guest Designer Gretl Dixon - who we are delighted to have with us in February.

Onto the inspiration.

Design Team member Misty is in charge of us all this month with her simply gorgeous selection of the February 2021 Cocoa Daisy kit Demin and Blush - and I have to say that I am in love. You can find more photos and details of the kit over at the Cocoa Daisy site here.

February 2021 Cocoa Daisy kit - Demin and Blush

I thought these planner papers were particularly gorgeous and they drove my choices more than the set you can see in the full kit above. 


February 2021 Cocoa Daisy kit Demin and Blush

I was recently recording a podcast (more details nearer the release date πŸ˜‰) and I mentioned that the kitting process often identifies missing items in your stash and this month was no exception. I clearly need more blue toned papers. I was struggling a little and I love using blue - note to self to pick some up next time I'm over at Scrapabilly πŸ˜‰

Anyway, let's not dawdle. I'd like to introduce you to Starstruck

I know what you're thinking... it seems to have wandered off the path of the original kit somewhat but I promise you, I can see the inspiration. 

These are the papers and I started off with the sheet top left by Paige Evans Bungalow Lane. I thought the pink was perfect and it is dark blue in the background. From there I grabbed a handful of Pinkfresh Studio papers (top line) from different collections to pick out the pinks, denim and then the mustard and green of the original kit. They are not perfect matches but I think I like the mix. 

Then I remembered my Studio Forty Lunar collection and as this has softer tones of pink and the colours of the night sky - aka blues - I thought this would also be a good fit. This collection is full of romance - the night sky, the sentiments and the whole dreamy feel of the collection. The whole bottom row of papers are from the collection. I agree that the two rows don't necessarily go together perfectly but I think I can make them work - and it's a LOAD month in February so I am in the whole Glue and Go modus which means making things work which I might not have done at other times!


Then I went to town with the embellishments adding in everything I had from the Lunar collection, including a set of stamps which are hardly touched as yet. I am challenging myself to learn to stamp more in 2022 so this should be interesting!

Some pocket cards, some expoxy stitckers along the night sky theme, a few washi tapes and an almost completed sheet of sparkly enamel dots by Paige Evans.

I wanted to include a set of alphas to give me a lot of choice so added some in different sizes and colours. I think I'm going to need more small stickers at some point but I will add them in as I need them. This looks like a good mix for a start.

And then my eye fell on the Heidi Swapp embellishments from the Carefree collection and something about it just made me throw it all in. There is definitely some blush/pink elements in there as well as some gold which I think is missing from the rest of my selection and even some blue shades. I'm not sure if I can get it to work with the other products in which case I might be short on embellies but I'm curious to see how I work with the kit!


I think this is going to be an interesting kit to use and at the moment, I'm not 100% sure of some of my choices but that's what so fabulous about a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit - it's my kit and I can make changes to anything or even all of it if I want during the month. 

My kit, my rules πŸ˜‰

So I hope you will join us this month and make up your own kit - we can take this challenge together!

Here's the full hop list in case you need it and don't forget to share your kits and creations over in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge FB community here or over on IG  - @counterfeitkitchallenge / #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2022

7 comments:

  1. I think the papers show the inspiration kit quite well and love the extras you have with your papers :) Fun kit to play with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starstruck - inspired by the Starman? Quite lovely! It was interesting to hear your indecision as you went along, and the realization that LOAD will make a way :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I like that you wandered off the path. Those stamp sets look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see the inspiration kit in your choices! I love your papers!! Too funny! We both included that Obed Marshall Thickers in our kits! You'd think we planned it! Not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your paper choices and the direction your kit took. And yes, every time I kit I make a list of what I'm missing in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa your kit is beautiful. I can see the inspiration kit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit, it has an ethereal quality to it - even the flowers somehow have that feeling.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...