Saturday 1 October 2022

October 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit Reveal & Hop

 Welcome to October and a new inspiration kit over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

MF Leslie is in charge this month and has picked a gorgeously vintage kit from A Cherry On Top. But first, a very warm welcome to our Guest Designer Nikki Ihus - so lovely to have her with us in October. 

And now onto our new inspiration kit. As I mentioned, Leslie has picked out a kit from A Cherry On Top - their August Cherry Box which features 49 & Market.

You can see the full unboxing video over on YouTube here - it's long but worth it! 

I loved all the soft subtle colours and designs and decided to just go with the flow of what it said to me! I don't have any 49&Market but it did shout out CratePaper to me so that's what I went with. It have taken a slightly different direction to the original but that's what we are all about here at The Counterfeit Kit Challenge

As this is most definitely not a white based kit, I've decided to just go with that side of things (I'll need to source some non-white cardstock!) and therefore, here is "Ivory"

I filled my papers with muted colours and patterns from Crate Paper - starting with the yellow sunburst which definitely reminded me of the inspiration kit - as well as some Jen Hadfield and then built my kit from there. 

Some alphas in different sizes, embellishments in earth tones as well as some frames that caught my eye. Enamel dots are always a good idea and some very very very old, vintage washi tape too - will it still work I wonder!


A handful of stickers, some Heidi Swapp word stickers and elements as well as some clips which I thought could be fun!

I think I will be adding in a few additional items throughout the month and must remember to use some stamps and punches for the butterfly inspiration. But other than that, I think I'm done!

This is a different kit for me - compared to what I've been using recently - but I am looking forward to the challenge!


Now, here is our full hop list in case you get lost along the way:

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us over in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2022). 

5 comments:

  1. Your papers are lovely and I particularly like the old washi tapes and those adorable bows. Enjoy your kit this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely kit as always. And I could have guessed that you would bring in some lovely soft pink as well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. This. Partly for the same reasons I love the inspiration kit. Have fun with it! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kit is just lovely as always! I think I have all of those papers in my stash! I know I have a Crate Paper paper pad with several of them!!! Have fun playing this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the kit, it is perfect. the pink makes it really pop.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...