Thursday 1 September 2022

September 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and hop

It feels like an age since I've been here.

Maybe it is.

I'm sure it is...

Anyway, here I am again for the September Counterfeit Kit Challenge September reveal and you are going to love it. 

MF Juliet has picked out the Traci Reed "Wildflowers" digital kit for us this month and it's gorgeous! Look at that colour scheme and all those gorgeous designs

You can find out all the info here including detail shots of the papers, embellishments and digital stamps.

Traci Reed - Wildflowers

Now, you might consider that I've gone a bit rogue but wait, first let me show you the kit I've made and where I took my inspiration before casting me to the bears.

Here's "Hush"


The first caveat I'd like to give is that this is another "collection" based kit and I definitely want to get back to mixing up papers and collections more in the new year - I miss that randomness that comes with really pick 'n' mixing. Second up, there are quite a few older items in here which may or may not make an appearance on pages or projects - I've added them in to get some variety, but I'm not sure. Let's see!

So... how did this kit come together. I checked out the inspiration kit and noted that the main colours were simply shades of yellow, green and blue. Easy right ... except I don't seem to have much yellow. Then my eyes fell on the Simple Stories "Heart" collection which I totally adore but have only scratched the surface of in my own scrapbooking. It seemed to tick my boxes with the colours - mostly greens, blues and yellows - and also the patterns - stripes, plaid, hearts, flowers and small repeated patterns. 

Papers were picked and then I went from there.


A bunch of much used alphabets in large and small - gold, green and neutral. 

The items from the collection including washi, die-cuts and a book of stickers.

Left over enamel dots which no kit can be without.

And then some really old items - some twines and ribbons, canvas labels, die-cut photo frames, brads in the right colours and also some hexagons - strike! - a few floral die cuts left over from a long used up collection and then a handful of flowers, leaves and veneer which I often forget to include these days.


Et voila! A kit which is not at all new but still feels fresh and usable. Time will tell of course - as in all my kits but I have hopes of using this for at least a layout or two and maybe a mini-book project. The theme of the papers might be about loss and memories but I feel I can work around that to come up with a neutral set of projects - scrapbooking is all about the memories after all!


Here's the full hop so that you can track down all the inspiration including our delightful DT Christine!


So, there you have it - another first of the month, but as always, a really good one! You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2022). 

Thanks so much for stopping by and PLEASE share your kits and projects with us!

7 comments:

  1. This works for me and not at all rogue. Your collection has the same vibe as the original and what a good collection of embellishments. I particularly like those large flowers. Have fun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit, Lisa, as per usual. And Hush is the perfect name - it has a wonderful calming and happy aura to it.

    I buy and scrap collections almost exclusively these days, so I have almost nil in the way of loose papers. My stash is just as ample as always, but it feels much less overwhelming. If I had to do a pick and mix from scratch it would take me a ton of time. My Counterfeit skills are what enabled me to use up so many single papers, and they still come in handy when I want to finish off a paper line and need to stretch it with add-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Even though I'm normally not attracted to Simple Stories this is very restful & quiet. Hoping September is like that for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, such a lovely kit. It's perfect for this months inspiration. Have fun scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it so much. I have that SS collection but haven't touched it much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a beautiful kit this month! I have the collection you chose and didn't even consider it for my own kit! Wow! Love all the old and new stuff in there. I really hope to see some layouts from you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of the kit so many added goodies to play with too

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...