So cool to see that this is my 100th post. So i decided to do one of these tag things that you see on blogs and email all over the place - I thought this was as particularly good one to put on the blog with reflections on the last year and the year to come:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Went on a motor home holiday - FANTASTIC!
Went further north than I have ever been before - check out Inuvik on the map - it's WAY north!
Visited the US (not all good, not all bad)
Entered my 40s
Took photos every day
2. What are your New Years Resolutions?
To continue to work on the resolutions from last year - be a more positive person, become more organised, to take photos every day and improve photography, write more in the blog, scrap a lot more, be creative every day, save money (or rather stop spending!) Is that enough?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
Yes, we all welcomed Isabella Hope Chance into the world last January!
4. Did anyone close to you die.
Thank goodness not.
5. What countries did you visit?
Long list all things considered:
(and then add on top of that those places that Ralph visited on business: Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Austria - think that is all)
6 What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Patience. Every BasicGrey paper and product that there is. Time to breathe.
7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why?
25th January - Isabella
22nd November - the big birthday
24th November - the big party
August 27th to September 14th - the big holiday to Yukon (5 years in the making)
what a fantastic year!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Turning 40 without breaking down!
Surviving the Yukon wilderness
Completing my Canada 2006 album, my Christmas album, my 2006 in review album and all the other scrap pages I did.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Bit of a strong word. Still working on being positive - not a complete success
Did not get all my photos organised
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing at all. A good year.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My stunning watch from Ralph for my birthday.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cameron - what a darling he is turning out to be
Ralph for putting up with me in party monster mode!
13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you?
mmm - still thinking on that one - so many celebrities were just down and out disappointing over the year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
In Ralph's shopping sprees! And our glorious holiday of course
(oh and that constant supply of pizza boxes stuffed with scrapping goodness!)
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007?
Down in a cold dirty well - Justin Nozuka
17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier
b.) Thinner or Fatter? Fatter
c.) Richer or Poorer? Less said the better
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Been in touch with everyone
Stayed at home
Taken time to learn my new camera
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Totally at home - in our own flat!
21. Did you fall in love in 2007.
Every day anew.
22. deleted the question - not a nice question for anyone
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Navy CIS, Numbers, Criminal Minds
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
I don't think we should use that word about how we think about people (well I am working on it anyway).
25. What was the best book you read?
Did not really read much over the year but was very inspired rereading all my scrapbooking books - esp Cathy Z and Stacy Julian
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Left my 30s with fun, flair and a great party!
27. What was your best musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
My watch plus loads of other goodies for my birthday - just fantastic!
A charmed life with Ralph
A life-changing holiday in Yukon
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
I don't think I watched any movie made in 2007. Only watched DVDs from older movies - James Bond probably
30. What did you want and not get?
Enough time for us
31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Completing my "organise my photos" goal.
Losing the weight I had wanted to lose for my birthday.
32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007?
Me? Fashion concept? you gotta be joking! I reckon my fashion concept for 2007 was "how long can I wear these old clothes before I have to throw them out?" (ps. I am still wearing stuff I bought in the UK before I moved to Germany in 2001!)
33. What kept you sane?
Scrapbooking, photos, knowing we had our holiday booked, Ralph, laughing at myself
34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?
Difficult one. Al Gore and team for winning an Oscar and the Nobel prize I think. (that was 2007 wasn't it?)
35. What political issue stirred you most?
The state of the environment, global warming, the ice caps melting
36. Who do you miss?
Grandad - still
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Not many new contacts over the year - probably those girls from the Heidi Swapp class I did online.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
Things could be so much worse.
Maybe 40 is not so bad after all.
39. Quote a song line that defines your year.
Our first dance song - still so good after all this time - still brings tears to my eyes, and I got to dance to it for the first time at my party, 4 years after we did not dance to it at our wedding - and I danced with Ralph for the first time in more than 9 years:
I wish I knew how it would feel to be free
I wish I could break all the chains holding me
I wish I could say all the things that I should say
Say 'em loud say 'em clear
For the whole wide world to hear
And I guess I should "tag" someone else to do this. With my "vast" social circle (!!) I tag Libby - go for it!