Thursday 15 March 2012

4 anyone?

The first mini-challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge site this month is all about the number 4.

How will you incorporate this into your page? In the journalling, the title, the number of elements, a cluster of 4 somethings, 4 photos? There are so many things you could do so I was glad when I came up with the idea of just taking 4 adorable photos of my gorgeous niece and putting them together. I have so many photos like this where I wasn't there with her and I just love them without necessarily needing a story that pages like this are often a good idea.

I kept it simple and am pleased to see this sheet of old Tinkering Ink finding a home next to the softer yellows. It was such a bright design, I was unsure how I could use it.

I sanded and inked one of the really old frames I'd included, misted and glitter splatted the cardstock and added a bit of texture with ribbon, paper, twine and thread including a butterfly cut out from the SC packaging I'd popped into my kit because of the woodgrain print.

Simple, sweet and done. And four more pretty pictures for me to look at on my pages rather than sitting in my pile of photos. Perhaps I should do one of these layouts for each of the three children!

CKC March kit, Soothe - layout #3



What 4 comes to mind for you?

11 comments:

  1. What a super page love the misting and the threads under and around the butterfly must try and remember that idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, just passing by to thank you for commenting on my blog - love your work, it's super dooper.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge idea, I love your LO and the thread flower looks fab.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this simple layout - the little bit of misting, the adorable butterfly accent, and the uncluttered layout just makes for a perfect layout. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband's number on the back of his rugby shirt..many years ago!

    Four photos on a layout feels like a very satisfying number. It looks terrific

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I love how you used the number 4, and I also love your splattering technique!!! Awesome page!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4 is one of the middle digits in my address. I really like the ever-so-slight slant on your photos on this page - and of course, all the little additions are fab as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a four and I love the butterfly cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the challenge-I should have played since I have {4} kids, but I just ran out of time-anyhoo-I always love your embellishment clusters-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Miss Lisa, At Scrap Our Stash, the prompt coming up for May is going to be "May I use your layout as my inspiration?" I was wondering if I could use this layout as my inspiration piece? When my layout is posted during the month, they will have a link to your layout here on your blog as well. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it! Great lo to lift!!! I love the misting and butterfly. Your photos are super sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...