Saturday 28 July 2012

Looking for a hero

Our friends over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge have asked us to think about those people we look up to - a bit of hero worship is called for.

Well, I have two confessions to make.

First off, this is a challenge I've actually done twice relatively recently with three layouts, so finding a new angle to take was a little difficult for me. I've already done my other half and my grandfather, and then a little more tongue in cheek with Jacob, my werewolf hero. (here, here or here).

And then second confession... Once I had decided what to make my layout about, I realised that both my CKC kits that I have here (June's Subtlety and July's Beach-house) didn't really have any suitable supplies for my layout. So I have to say that I "cheated" and added in a whole load of product to my July kit so that I could make my layout how I wanted it!  BUT I did use the red tape from my July kit and also a teeny tiny alphabet I had in my June kit so it's not like I didn't use ANYTHING! *wink wink*

But let's face it, anything's allowed, right? There are no rules!

So, onto my layout. And in this special GB year - I'm currently sitting in front of the opening ceremony for the London Olympics, feeling very proud of the show they've put on - it only seemed appropriate to go into a little more detail about someone I'm very proud of. Someone who I consider to be a true Heroine.

's



 So, if you've got this far, I hope you don't mind my self-indulgence, my immersion in my British pride and my "twisting" of the rules!

7 comments:

  1. Your choice of pp really supports the photo. You will be interested to know that I have two "old fashioned" scrapbooks, with newsprint and musalage in a non-acid free book, about HRH QEII. Probably compiled in the 60's. Within the collection is a photo of her at about 3 or 4 years old. My very favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very patriotic lo, beautiful as usual x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Lisa, it's a lesson in the value of throwing the rules out (as if there were rules).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been intrigued by the British monarchy, so much so that British History was actually my favorite subject in school (seriously!). Your layout is a wonderful tribute to the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page - who cares if you'd be disqualified from Olympic scrapping LOL
    What a lovely page - super tribute to Her Maj, echoing many of my feelings about her too!
    Glad you enjoyed the opening ceremony - I thought it was awesome - apart from the final song :o(
    How did it go down in a foreign country? I'm hoping people just enjoyed the spectacle even if they didn't "get" everything.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...