Thursday 1 June 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge June kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge June kit reveal blog hop.

We are really excited to be sharing our kits with you today and hopefully you've reached me via Kelly's blog where she was sure to have a gorgeous collection of goodies to show you. Next up is Margie and even though she's been really busy recently with all sorts of graduation and family celebrations, I just know that she's got something scrummy to share too!

And of course, we are delighted to welcome Guest Designer Lea Rhea this month. She's a prolific scrapper - which of course, we LOVE - as well as a YouTuber, a blogger, Instagrammer and Facebooker! Welcome Lea and we are thrilled to get to you know you better.

The full blog hop list is at the end of my post.

This month's kit was selected by Master Forger Susan and of course, she's gone for something stylish, on trend and all round gorgeous! The April kit by Felicity Jane, "Willow" is just lovely. It's full of bright whites, soft colours and a healthy smattering of blue which I know the team were excited about.

Willow by Felicity Jane

There are plenty of other detail shots on the Felicity Jane website and also an unboxing video if you need more close ups of this stunning kit.

Now as I can't get hold of this kit over here in Germany (or at least I can't justify the postage costs over here!), I was excited to see what I could do to make my own. Obviously, all the products are exclusives so I was going to find similar tones or patterns in my products.

As a starter, let me introduce my June kit, Blush.


As always, it's not a lot like the original but the inspiration is definitely there.

I wrote a list of the colours I wanted to include and some of the patterns. I noticed there were several geometric designs, arrows, flowers, stripes, dots and a sort of doily looking lace. And that's where I started. I found a few sheets of paper - October Afternoon and My Mind's Eye - which gave me the lacy, soft patterned feel I wanted. But as they were not based on white, I knew that I would have to go with a cream or off-white background for all of my other papers. I worked through my stash, picking out greys, blues, yellow, florals, arrows and several repeating patterns. You might not be able to see it, but each of these matches one of the original patterns!


I have to confess that one or two of these papers have b-sides that I particularly love (maybe even more than the a-side) so they might make an appearance instead!


Then onto the embellishments. There were clips, washi, pocket cards, die cuts, an alpha, a stencil, puffy stickers and a stamp set. Knowing I didn't have any suitable puffy stickers, I replaced this item with some dimensional items - decorative brad stickers, buttons and clips as well as some sequins.

I added more pink and black into the kit with a good sprinkle of pocket cards and tracked down some rose gold paper clips which match my alpha and the sequins.


A few washi tapes were included in my ongoing attempt to actually use some of it up - again selecting those with a non-white background. To go along with my large set of rose gold Thickers, I added in a couple of mini alphas too as I like the variety.

I have included a geometric stencil and as I was putting the kit into a holder for the month, I threw in a stamp set - just in case.



All in all, I'm quite happy with this and hope that you can see where the inspiration from the original kit is - you might have to dig a bit! I really wanted to make something a bit more modern but this is where my products took me and the fresh white look can wait for another month!

Here's the full blog hop list in case you get lost along the way and don't forget to share your kits and creations with us over on the blog (Link Up Page here) or in our Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook community group. We'd love to see you there.

Here's the lineup for the blog hop:
Guest Designer Lea Rhea: https://www.youtube.com/user/learhea1

SaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

  1. You know, I reach your blog and wish I'd taken a different direction with my kit (or added just a little bit more of this or that) every single time we do a reveal? Love it! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab kit, I recognize so many of those papers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa, this is just gorgeous! Such a beautiful mix of color and pattern, and you know that I especially love that label paper. Great idea to substitute other dimensional items for the puffy stickers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful kit! I can definitely see the inspiration from the Willow kit. I LOVE the rose gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting papers! I love the rose gold touches and those adorable pocket cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit!! Love those rose gold sequins and all of the yummy tapes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...