Tuesday 12 June 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #1 A Little Bird Told Me!

Challenge #1 this month was inspired by the cute bird patterned paper in the original inspiration kit.


It made me think of the expression "a little bird told me" and I decided that this would be the prompt!

You can see the blog post over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge here with the links to Julene and Alice's layouts and don't forget that we love it when you share using the Link-Up page on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community  - or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeitchallenge )

Now I suspect that I "might" have twisted the rules a teeny tiny bit but I know that you'll forgive me because it's all about the fun here and getting our stash used up! Am I right? And I "might" have interpreted the prompt a little loosely too! But I was so excited by my weekend experience that I just knew that I wanted to make this layout and found a way to sort of match it to the challenge. But being inspired by the challenge is the main thing too, right?

So here's my layout.


I made the title into something that was said to me rather than the story of the layout being told to me and added in a bit of red paper (scraps from the MME collection I used in my kit) and some mini-alphas. I know there's not a lot of decoration on this layout but I really wanted my die-cut to stand out and make it that star of the show - pun intended.




And if you ever get the change to do a silent walking disco - do it! You won't have so much fun for a long time! I recommend it and challenge you not to get your boogie on while you're walking along, no matter how self-conscious you feel in from of all the people watching the disco, wondering what you're all doing! So much fun.

Have a great day everyone and don't forget that there's still a lot going on over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge over the rest of the month - Killing the Kit #1 (15th), Challenge #2 (18th), Member showcase (24th) and we also have a surprise that I'm planning with our Guest Designer to appear at some point too - probably the 20th - which you won't want to miss.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa this is such a great story. Your cut files do stand out.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...