Saturday 12 February 2022

February 2022 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge#1 Love Stories

 Hey! I'm back with a layout for Challenge #1 over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge where MF Misty is asking us to tell our πŸ’• love stories πŸ’•

I'm also participating in ScrapHappy's LOAD222 (layout a day) which I adore and, as I did in February 2021, I'm making my month 28 Days of Mabel. This was my chance to fulfil two challenge at once!

Picking out some softer elements from my kit, I came up with a layout featuring our Christmas 2021 photo with Mabel and talk about how we both love her so much. She really might be the best decision we EVER made - well, after getting married maybe! πŸ˜‰

I started off printing my photo at 5x7 because I really wanted to focus on this super cute photo of the three of us (internet shy husband I'm afraid!) 

Then I cut the strips and decided to go for probably my most-used design of the broad, layered stripe along the bottom half of the page.


I tucked in two pocket page cards and a few small embellishments - mostly from Heidi Swapp - and then picked out my title. I did add in the smaller alphabet (Pinkfresh Studio) but everything else comes from my kit!

My journalling is hand-written even though I've been doing a lot of printed strip journalling recently. But the story was short and I tried to concentrate to get it right!

A sprinkle of ink and some small enamel sparkles as well as some smaller elements from the pack of Thickers, and the layout is done. This was fast and easy and came together really easily. Reaching for a happy design is my go-to when I need to get something make quickly πŸ˜‰


I'm keeping this short this evening and hope to be able to share more puppy love later in the month!


Don't forget that the month is still young and there is plenty going on over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog as well as the FB community. 

Here is what the remained of the month looks like.

  • 18th February: Challenge #2 to inspire you to get more layouts done.
  • 24th February: Followers Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
  • 28th February: Killing Kits - an idea or two focusing up the bits and pieces left in your own kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2022).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, lovely, light & fresh! Precious photo of your family holidays, and a perfect Lisa page <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page; it certainly reflects your lightness of heart and the joy she has brought you two.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...