Thursday 7 January 2010

2010 Playlist

I was blog hopping the other night and came across an entry from Gretchen S here about creating a playlist for 2010 and what her selections were. So, I popped over to her inspiration on Stephenie's blog here, where she posted about creating a playlist for life (here) and instantly fell in love with the idea!

An inspirational group of tracks that will make e smile every time I hear it and help me along in achieving my goals? Sounds pretty cool, huh?

To quote Stephenie "Pick your favorite inspiring songs, songs that make you smile, sing, and embrace life. You want songs that make you feel good – no lost love, sad, sappy stuff here. This is all about feeling good and being the leading man or woman of your own story with the kickin’ music to go with it…"

Go on, give it a go. You will be amazed at what you come up with from your collection of music.

I realised that there were one or two tracks missing from my collection which I would have added if I'd had them and which I have since added to my iTunes wishlist. But my 2 CD collection (couldn't get it down to less than 34 tracks!) is entirely chosen from what I have on my iTunes today. There are some golden oldies there picking up my love of the 80's music from when I was a teenager coupled with a few even older than that. And the one track that epitomises it all for me? It has to be Place Your Hands by Reef. It is my go-to feel-good song and it lifts me each and every time I hear it! There is a scrapbook layout there about that song and the reason for it, but that is for another time.

My Playlist for 2010

1. All Summer Long - Kid Rock

2. It's Oh So Quiet - Björk

3. Firestarter - The Prodigy

4. Happy - Leona Lewis

5. Evacuate the Dancefloor - Cascada

6. Place Your Hands - Reef ** track of the year

7. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

8. Your Song - Elton John

9. If a Song Could Get Me You - Marit Larsen

10. Feeling Good - Michael Bublé

11. The Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene

12. Wire to Wire - Razorlight

13. The Changingman - Paul Weller

14. You're The First, The Last, My Everything - Barry White

15. When Love Takes Over - David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland)

16. I'm Alive - Tom Jones

17. It Takes Two - Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston

18. Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls

19. Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas

20. Fashion - David Bowie

21. Bulletproof - La Roux

22. Hey Sexy Lady - Shaggy

23. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

24. 1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White T's

25. (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free/One - Lighthouse Family

26. Angel - Sarah McLachlan

27. Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake

28. Sparrow - Laura Hughes

29. Monday, Monday - The Mamas And The Papas

30. Here I Come - Fergie

31. Planet Earth - Duran Duran

32. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

33. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson

34. Feel - Robbie Williams


What's on your playlist?

1 comment:

  1. that is such a good idea, I like your list, some good music on there.

    Spookily enough, Bjork was on the radio minutes before I read this, love it, and was singing and dancing to it...

    I must admit, when I have my ipod on shuffle, it still surprises me that each new song is one that I like - then I remember, it's because I like all of the songs on there - doh!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...