Wednesday 3 April 2013

Wednesday Wonderland #10

Joining in on my own Jingle Belles prompt, where I am thrilled to be this week's GD, to bring you Wednesday Wonderland #10 (if you can believe it!) full of glittery sparkle.

I started off by using my new Studio Calico mask with Candy Apple Glimmer Mist to give a subtle background effect. Then the problem was finding something to go with it as the red of the mist isn't a true red.

In the end I decided to cut up :-( a piece of treasured Deja Views paper for the cute jumping reindeer. I added the paper swirl underneath them and decided to add a little glitter to the fussy cut images to add extra sparkle. And that led to me splatting glitter over the background and finishing off with some Liquid Pearls along the paper.

Mmmm... not sure it's a win but I kind of like it.




And yes, the last few cards I've made have been a bit bigger - 5x7 - which means that they will all be hand delivered. But the change up in size has made a nice change with a bit more space for elements to fit on the front.

Won't you come on over to Jingle Belles and join in the fun?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I like it. The flow of motion around the subtle circle of the background definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fussy cut magic ... and the glittery sparkle ... so glad to have you joining us at jingle belles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such amazingly creative cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, too funny, you got me, i was not expecting a wednesday wonderland in the "jingle belles blinging" prompt, what an awesome bonus for the week!!! this is FAB, as well, those deer are gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great! I totally get the motion....the deer running, the wind picking up the snow as it flies around the animals....awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment with these racing reindeer...made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...