Saturday 5 April 2014

Scrapabilly Shares part 2

Hello again for the second part of my Scrapabilly kit shares.

Just to remind you of all that BasicGrey gorgeousness that Sylvia has fitted into this scrumptious kit...

Find the kit here

On Thursday, I shared the layouts I made about Dubai - I really felt like the designs in this collection has an oriental feel to them and were perfect for the exotic feel to the place.

But to show the versatility of the papers and the kit, I also wanted to make a few layouts that were more everyday. I especially love to look through papers to see what different colour combinations I can come up with and was delighted to realise I could make a very pink layout which would be perfect for a layout about my beautiful niece who just celebrated her 10th (when did that happen!!!) birthday.

I'd just like to point out in case it's not clear, that the photo in the middle is from Halloween last year! She doesn't normally go around with a goth look! But I couldn't believe how grown up she looked in this shot and thought it was a wonderful contrast to those girlie shots which also melt my heart!

Selecting only certain elements of the kit to match the feeling I was going for, as well as a bit of fussy cutting, made sure I came up with a really feminine feel to the layout.


The colours in the kit also reminded me of the vibrant silks I used to work with in my Paragon days and so I also put together a layout about a particular dress that has very mixed memories attached. The photos may not be brilliant, but I remember all the details of this (nearly disastrous) dress as if it were yesterday so the poor quality snaps are just a reminder for me!

I was down to scraps right now so the style of the layout was rather dictated by that - however, I really like how it came out with all the little bits and pieces that layered up.

The little off the page clusters top and bottom make use of the manufacturer strips at the bottom of the paper. I just cut each strip out and then piled it unto add some interest.


I added in a small vellum pocket to house my journalling as there didn't seem to be an appropriate place to write it directly onto the layout itself.

And I also ran off four very simple cards. I always say this but I'm not a card maker. I envy my fellow team members who create such beautifully designed and intricately layered up cards. But that's not really me. I just don't get the ideas and I tend to think that all my cards are just variations on a theme! Anyway, I found some card sketches for three of these cards and just got to work. I made them all general hello cards as I never seem to have enough of these types. As quickly as I make them, I seem to run out.



This card is loosely based on the Sweet Sunday sketch 170 (here)

This card is based on this Pinterest find sketch (here)

And this card is made using the Susan Stringfellow sketch for BasicGrey (here)

So that's it for another month. I hope you love Sylvia's kit as much as I do. Once again, the team's creations can be found over at the Scrapabilly gallery (here) or their blogs are listed in the right hand sidebar. And don't forget to check out the Scrapabilly shop for all the scrumminess that can be found there - and there's a special promotion each week, this week is all about the Smash range of products.

Thanks for looking and speak to you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm loving all those patterns - the bright ones on the cards, and the layers tucked in on the pages. Prettiness abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all absolutely gorgeous! Nicely done! So nice to hear from you again. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, subtle layouts created from a very bold kit - LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...