Friday 4 May 2007

A Year To Remember April Challenge

I was really pleased with myself that I managed to finish the Heidi Swapp AYTR art challenge for April before the end of the month. And then I finally added the photos to it yesterday so I feel as though I am way ahead of schedule which is not strictly true but for my usual timetable, it is!

The challenge was to have a party and then create a layout about it. There should be some cardstock cut into geometric shapes and both the negative and positive portions should be used. Heidi also used chipboard letters painted and then embossed with UTEE but I did that technique on my March challenge page so I thought that I would make it a little easier for myself and just use some stickers which seemed to complement the paper I chose really nicely. Ok, so I did not have a party but we did celebrate Easter Sunday and thought this would make a nice occasion to scrap as there were just a few photos and hardly any journaling would be needed. Heidi made her page without photos too because her party would be at the end of the month, so even though I knew which photos I wanted to use (or pretty much anyway) I did the complete layout without taking the photos into account. This was really new for me and when I came to put on the photos yesterday, it was weird to try to work out how to get the photos I wanted to include on the page and the photo mats I had created! I tapped into my growing stash of BasicGrey Pheobe papers and matched the pink, the grey blue and the green for the basic colours with a dash of beige/brown thrown in for good measure. Overall, I am quite pleased with the result but I am not sure if I would do this again on my own, but I will keep an open mind.

That is what this whole course is about for me anyway, to try different styles and techniques to see what fits to me. And it is working. Each of the months' pages are totally different and not what I would usually do, but they were fun and I like the final result.


I also branched out to make the calendar pages a bit decorated which was new for me. Not totally successful, but a challenge all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...