Friday 15 October 2010

Reaching the halfway point!

October feels like a very long month, at the same time as it is FLYING by!

On the one hand, creating every day makes the end of the month feel like a long way away but on the other hand, how is it possible that it is Friday again? I've said it before, but my job seems to make each week seem like just a single work day from my previous life! I say goodbye to students on a Tuesday and before I have had a chance to catch my breath, it's Tuesday again! Not real.

But the LOAD challenge is reaching the point in the month where not only am I feeling the pressure, but I also notice less layouts being uploaded to the gallery each day (meaning less people are managing daily layouts) and there is less action on the message board or comments on gallery layouts. But even if I gave up today, right now, I would still have completed 14 layouts which is a huge number compared to the zero which would have been done if I hadn't been doing LOAD! (Does that sentence even make sense?)

10th October

 ** Back to basics. Create a layout with only cardstock, patterned paper, your photos and a story. Not so easy. I missed my embellishments and all the doodads that give so much dimention and texture to my layouts. But I followed the prompt (and cheated by adding Thickers!) and scrapped the only photos I have of Christmas 2008 (rest lost due to a computer crash).

11th October 

** Use product with purpose. Be mindful of the meaning and significance of each piece of paper or embellishment you use to help reinforce the story. I tried to do with here in the layout about Cam - there is a lot of meaning to what I have used.

12th October 

**  Use product that makes you happy. The title to this says it all. There is nothing on this layout that doesn't make me happy!

13th October

 ** Use colour to reinforce the story you want to tell. Coming back to my BG hoard, I decided that Porcellain would help to set the soft pink scene for the photo here, supported by some soft creams and coffee colours which were all a part of our wedding colour scheme. 

14th October

** Use up some really old stash. No problem, I have piles and piles of the stuff. This beautiful Amy Butler paper was an absolute must have when it first came out and I got the whole range - in fact all three ranges that she brough out - along with all the  bits and pieces that came with it - alphas, felt flowers, fabric brads, stickers, etc etc etc. I used it on one project plus a few odd pages. Great to get it out and see how lovley it still is. I intend to use a chunk of it in my Photo A Day album for 2008 (yes, behind on that too!) Not sure about the cluster splatter in the top RH corner but I am trying to move on!

And I won a spot prize! Yipeeee! I got a SIX-month subscription to Paperclipping Video Tutorials! I am beyond happy as I have thought so often about subscribing. I love Noell's style and I am a regular listener to Paperclipping Roundtable on iTunes. 

I am a bit (!!) behind on Create Free but I did manage a bit this week and will post those next time! I am determined to finish it! I love the project so it is crazy not to do it.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it halfway. Your layouts are so pretty. And this post is full of great reminders on things we scrappers should do. Keep it up - we want to see 15 more fab layouts.

    PS You'll love the Paperclipping video tutorials - it took me 6 months just to get through the first half of them - so I just renewed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layouts - as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on keeping up not sure I'd have managed,as usual all your LO's are fab. I know I say it every time but I just love how you use multiple photo's on your pages.
    I'm nearly there with my create free,just 3 or 4 pages left.
    Congrats on your win and thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 pm

    love these LOs!! the one of cam is great and I love the very pretty one with pearls and roses, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...