Sunday 17 April 2011

Do you know what yesterday was?

No, I don't mean that it was Saturday!

Yesterday was, in fact, Husband Appreciation Day!

Some time ago I did a BPC class by Elizabeth Dillow, based on her book The Scrapbooker's Almanac, called Red Letter Days. One of the fun things I learnt was to see what special days or anniversaries or even famous birthdays there were across the year that could be used as inspiration for pages - either directly or more abstract. At the time, I noted down a lot of special days in my diary as I came across them - for example it was Incredible Kid Day back in March (more on that day another post), or Read In the Bath Day back in February. Therefore, I was really excited to find a new widget on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge site that lists famous birthdays and special days. I immediately added it to my blog (bottom right corner on the sidebar) and was interested to see what was coming up.

When I saw Husband Appreciation Day (how kitsch and sweet is that anyway?!?), I knew I had to do something. Now I don't need a special day to tell me to appreciate my husband or some random date on the calendar to remind me of what I have, but I thought it would be fun to mark the day in a Lisa way. A rhubarb krumbie (what we call a "crumble" in our house - yet another long story!) had to be made as it's his favourite and let's face it, it's a doddle to make! And a layout should be done.

I did my usual of just grabbing a couple of completely unrelated photos and making it work! (Or not, depending on how you look at it!). I used my counterfeit kit but ended up adding in a few more AC paper scraps and a couple of AC journalling minis. The rest is all out of the kit.

I hadn't intended it to become this bright, but it just evolved this way. Originally, I had a picture in my mind of lots of cardstock showing and what others might call, shock horror, "white space". But alas and alack, it was not to be and the result is this no-white-space layout! But that's only what you expect from me, isn't it?


I do loads of layouts like this. Just noting down little things as and when I think about them. Commenting on things from different perspectives and just generally rambling. It makes me happy!

Have a great Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. Your hubby is so lucky and what a way to show him how lucky you think you are for having him. I too start with the intention of having white space but I end up with no space. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for Hubbies! This is lovely - I especially like the way the matting on the photos and the overlapping circle pull your eye round the page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes up happy to see this kind of layout - you do them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I love the pictures! I will tell my hubbin that the new amp he is buying is a belated present!!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know there was a husband appreciation day. Oops! My bad! Great layout to honor him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout! I love your mix of patterned paper. Maybe white space is a bit over rated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you learn something new every day! Funny, I found a bargain copy of Elizabeth Dillow's book recently and I have been enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:59 pm

    love the lo but husband appreciation day....?.... no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know they was a husband's day. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colors and layout great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty layering!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...