Saturday 1 October 2011

It's here....

We've all been waiting for this for ages... 4 months to be honest. Since the last LOAD we all did in May, in fact.

Today is day 1 of our "informal" LOAD.

I talked about this last weekend in my blog hop post so check back there if this is all foreign to you! The post is here.

I think many of us have missed out on being part of the whole LOAD community thing, as well as the productivity it offers. Of course, I did a LOAD in between then and now when Pam and I did our Whimsical Musings daily layout challenge in July so it hasn't been quite so long but I'm excited to get going even though it always takes a day or two to get back into the swing of things.

Today's challenge (each of the month's prompts have been created by the group) was to give ourselves a gold star and just do what we makes us happy - photos, journalling, products, techniques etc.

I don't need to be told twice to make this sort of layout...



This is very much me - single photo (though I am probably a 50/50 single vs multi photo scrapper), layers, distressing, inks, clusters, buttons, bling, flowers, mixed products and handwritten journalling. 

I like how it came out. I created the background and one of the clusters before looking for a photo which I found just hanging around on my desk! The scraps came next before the journalling spots and the bottom cluster. Quick and easy.

All the products came from my Departing Summer Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit. My September and leftovers of the August kit will be my main supply source for the first few days. This makes it so quick and easy to create pages. I am still giddy with excitement about being part of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge design team! This month's kit is of course another winner so watch out for that in a few days.

It's a Bank Holiday weekend here in Germany (Monday is Reunification Day) so I've decided to  leave my giveaway open until Monday. Be sure to pop over to my "Delightful" blog post here and leave me a comment to be in with the chance of a small giveaway....  

Do you need an incentive? How about a sneak peek?


Tempted? Come on over and leave me a comment - it's that easy!

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck Lisa! You have made a fabulous start. And have a wonderful Bank Holiday too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much interest & texture, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:02 am

    I love all your little touches and pretty bits - Beautiful (again!). Re the eyelets - I don't have a daft amount of them, it's just that I never actually remember to use them - so they just sit there and when I do remember them they look at me balefully! I felt I had to at least try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your two corner treatments add balance and beauty to the page. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy October! Love your LO. And, are you going to be learning to crochet at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page - lovely use of your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...