Tuesday 14 January 2014

14 loves {January 2014}

Welcome to a new series for 2014 based on the original concept by my beloved friend, Pam back in January 2013. I enjoyed sharing my loves so much through the year that I decided I needed to continue through 2014. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you.

one

Pinterest source (here)

Still working on my (lack of) positive attitude so when I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I had to pin it as a reminder. Fingers crossed.

two


Winter sunlight hitting my chandelier at about 2.30 every afternoon and creating a kaleidoscope of pretty, dancing light fairies all through the room.

three


A Christmas present which I'm waiting for excitedly. I have been checking all things Silhouette out online and can't wait to get the machine in my hands.

four

Source : Mary Anne Jenkins at i rock paper & scissors

I need to make a little pocket like this on one of my pages - adorable! Love this.

five


Even though a traditional Feuerzangenbowle (a type of Glühwein) should be made and drunk when it's really cold outside, our lack of winter weather didn't spoil this once a winter treat. Hot red wine infused with lemon and orange juice, vanilla and cinnamon and then set alight with high % rum poured over a sugar loaf until it's melted into the wine. Oh my! Heaven in a glass. Ok, so the headache the next morning wasn't such fun, but it was, and always is, worth it.


six

American Crafts announce the new Shimelle collection here

Excited to see what Shimelle's first collection with American Crafts will look like. I'm guessing there will be turquoise, pink and possibly red too if I'm reading the clues correctly on the announcement poster. Could definitely be something for me!

seven



As much as I love, love, love the Christmas decorations, and this year, I was particularly in love with my tree, putting it all away on 2nd Jan made me happy and appreciate the space I have without it all the more!

eight


A pretty and thoughtful birthday present. Now that I don't have to wrap up against the cold as if I'm going on an Arctic expedition as I did when I was using public transport, it's lovely to be able to wear pretty gloves and scarves rather than practical. The little bow on these are the perfect, final touch.

nine


A tradition here in Germany is to give out four leaf clovers for new year. We received two and I hope they bring me lots and lots of good luck for the year to come.

ten

I know I chose Instagram at some point last year, but I really love using it. Not everything goes up, but I love to share some of the snippets of our life with my limited following!




eleven


I am determined to plan more, do more and follow through more this year. And to smile. So tickets for a favourite German comedian were perfect. While I didn't understand every joke, and I have to confess to missing a few mins while I "rested" my eyes, I followed enough to laugh and laugh. A great evening.

twelve


I might not be able to enjoy this quite as much right at the moment as I did over Christmas due to a bit of cutting back and watching the calories, but this cheese dome from my sister was a perfect Christmas present, Cheese and Wine being a favourite, relaxed evening in front of a movie.

thirteen


Source (here)


I'm always on the look out for a good sketch and this one really appeals. I've made a few layouts recently with little piles of layers like this and will certainly be giving this sketch a try. Creative Scrappers really is a great resource. Most of my favourite sketches of late have come from there.

fourteen

Pinterest source (here)

It's years since I spent a weekend in London and it's on my "list" for 2014. I've really missed it recently and am determined to keep it in mind for later in the year. Christmas shopping perhaps. New Year, new list of things to achieve.



I’d love you to share your own {14 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


{14 loves} is a series that will feature on my blog on each 14th of the month

3 comments:

  1. Great list Lisa, I am currently planning our trip to London over the Easter holidays - DD wants to do Harrods, Regent Street etc so who am I to stop her dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I enjoy seeing your picks, and glad to have one more each month this year than last! My faves are the chandelier and the Christmas tree - I think those bode well for a very glittery year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're doing this again, it's always a joy seeing what you've been up too. Yay for getting a silhouette, I truly can't recommend it high enough, I love mine x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...