Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wednesday Wonderland

Another Christmas card post today thanks to the inspiration from the Jingle Belles girls to make a card to "have yourself a very merry LITTLE Christmas". In other words, to use inchies or twinchies as a design feature on the card.

This was a bit tough for me and I twisted the rules a little to make use of a punch I have - it's a bit bigger than 1" and nearer 1 3/8" to be honest. But I don't think Lauren's going to come round and wrap my knuckles for that, is she?!?

I am determined to try and use up some of the Christmas bits and pieces I have hanging around - all those odd embellishes, scraps of paper etc and this card design was perfect. I have lots of these little wooden shapes and they never seem to find their way onto my layouts so to use 12 at once was a good way to get them used up. I decided to forego a sentiment as it's pretty clear that they are Christmas cards and the sentiments always seem to be the hardest bit for me.



You can't really see here but the white is also glitter paper.

And I have a confession to make! I also made another three cards while I was at it, ready for next week's Wednesday Wonderland. *insert virtuous feeling here* So come back next Wednesday to see where else the Jingle Belles inspiration took me.

Wednesday Wonderland is a series of posts featuring Christmas cards following the inspiration to be found at Jingle Belles

8 comments:

  1. Such elegant and interesting cards! I love the delicate colour combination ... Next time I am in a craft shop I might look for these little wooden shapes on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your take on this. As soon as the cards popped up on my screen I smiled at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, so pretty. That background paper caught my eye because it is one of my faves too. Atta girl on getting the next 3 done too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Lisa - I think I have these shapes somewhere or they may just be snowflakes (I'd be too mean to put SIX on one card though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous way to use those pieces of wood ... I have way more than I care to admit and they just seem to sit there, so kudos to you for actually getting them onto a card ... love the glitter with the neutral tones ... so very glad you celebrated a Merry LITTLE Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lisa!! You really outdid yourself on these ones! I have to echo the others....your cards look so soft and delicate and the embellishments are just gorgeous! Simply stunning my friend!

    I am completely stumped by this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh *WOW*! not only do i looooooooooove both of these... (& heartily approve of "stretching" the idea of inchies to fit the supplies and tools we have!!!) ...i think this might be the BEST USE EVER of those fab little wooden embellishments which are so very popular! well done, you! (as for being a whole week ahead... i cannot even IMAGINE what that would feel like, lol... bet it's awesome though, eh?!) :) :) :) as always, it makes my JINGLE BELLE week to see what you will do with our prompts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the neutral colors and the little wooden pieces are perfect embellishments. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...