Wednesday 1 January 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge January kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to 2014 and welcome to each of you on this New Year's Day!

I'm here to kick off 2014 by sharing my brand new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit - what a great way to start the year :-)

Hopefully, you've arrived here via Lesley who is the bottom slice of my Lesley/Leslie sandwich (!) and is sure to have thrilled you with her kit this month. If you've arrived here directly, you might want to start back at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit to make sure you catch up on all the forgers and also check out our lovely Guest Designer, Tara!

Bethany has chosen a gorgeous kit for us to be inspired by this month - the December Hip Kit Club (here). And if you need more embellishments, you can go over to the Oh, Deer Me December Embellishment Kit (here).

The December Hip Kit Club kit
I realised straight away that there was not much in the kit that I could match up exactly. There was a lot of Studio Calico, Alison Kraft and Dear Lizzy elements but I didn't have any of these ranges in my stash! I had received the Studio Calico die-cut words for Christmas and had recently purchased a few more of the veneer stars but apart from that and some doilies I had none of the items. I especially loved the star map and confetti paper by Alison Kraft in the original kit and happily realised that I had also received a pack of the mini bags from the Alison Kraft range for Christmas which included these designs and decided that this is where I would start my kit. The result is a very fresh feeling selection which I am looking forward to using with all sorts of different photos and stories. Please let me present "Begin" to you...


I built up a set of papers from mainly Dear Lizzy papers which reflected some similar colours and designs from the inspiration kit and rather than that wonderful star map paper, included a sheet of the North Pole paper by Echo Park (of which I have bought at least 10 sheets I love it so much!). Not all the sheets are complete and I also threw in some of the cut apart elements from Dear Lizzy that I tracked down.




I built up the other elements depending on the colours, materials or designs that were found in the inspiration kit - veneers, doilies, journalling spots, alphas, brads, stars.

And then I added in a smattering of other embellishments which matched the items I had already added and would support my way of scrapping. There are two rolls of washi, some sequins, some flairs, some mistable canvas cameras, a roll of twine and a few other items.







I haven't been scrapping much recently apart from trying to get my December Inspiration journal completed so I'm really looking forward to getting some regular crafting done with my new kit!

Your next stop on the hop is Leslie who always delights me with her creativity in counterfeiting elements for her kits. Check out her blue box over at her blog (here).

Here is the full blog list in case you get lost along the way and please make sure you share your kits over at Mr Linky page on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog


Guest Designer:  Tara O: http://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
Lisa H.:  http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ You are here

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous papers and those wood veneers with speech bubbles are too cute! Enjoy this kit as I'm sure you will. Ideal name by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kit is lovely and cheerful! I am looking forward to seeing how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kit and those bubble words are adorable - Happy New Year Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mistable cameras are so cute! Beautiful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Kit as usual - so many cute additions.
    Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me on the pink! Scrap on! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and I'm convinced that if all I had were your kit & project photos to inspire me that I would never run out of ideas! A great begin-ning to the New Year :~D

    ReplyDelete
  8. As beautiful as ever. Your close ups are so touchable. Scrappy New Year, Lisa. My all your scrappy goals be realized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kit is so pretty!! I love all those embellies and that map paper is just beautiful. I as well, am looking forward to getting back to a little bit more regular crafting this month, but I sure have enjoyed Christmas crafting too =)

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kit, those tiny cameras are fabulous!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty, soft colors! This is a lovely kit, Lisa. And I agree, those cameras are adorable. I really love those wood veneer speech bubbles, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Such a beautiful kit. Love all of your wood bits and your alpha choices too! Great kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. You came up with a beautiful kit for not having much of the same line :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful kit, love that map paper and the mini cameras,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful kit Lisa! You always come up with some pretty fantastic ones 😃 Thanks for stopping by! My IG is ginbin70

    ReplyDelete
  16. Map paper, doilies and green and pink...I think you are set for the month! So many wonderful supplies for you to BEGIN your new year of scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the soft and subtle colors on your kit! Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Very scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is so a kit I want to play with - love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful kit from you Lisa, as always! I can't wait to see your creations this month

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...