Wednesday 8 January 2014

Wednesday Wonderland

Yippee, the Jingle Belles, Lauren and Stephanie, are back for another year of Christmas inspiration.


I'm planning to join in as much as I can so hopefully, you can find me sharing my cards in my weekly Wednesday Wonderland posts - I have big plans for more scheduled blogging. We'll have to see how that goes. :-)

Anyway, their first challenge is Something Old... Something New and they want us to mix up some old and new products on our cards.

I matched up some Studio Calico papers I bought a year or so ago and a Stampin' Up stamp I picked up just before Christmas. As usual, I went for a really simple design but therefore, ran off three cards at once.




I think I could have left off that small sticker in the corner but all in all, it feels like a good start to the year.

In 2013, I ended up sending out exactly the number of cards I had made though the Jingle Belles challenges which I considered a real success. This year, I'd like to make at least the same number of cards which means a few cards per prompt to build up my little stack. Wish me luck.

I know it seems like a crazy idea to be making Christmas cards already when we have only just packed away the decorations, but you can't help but feel inspired when you see the gorgeous creations  that Lauren and Stephanie show us every week. Why don't you come on over to Jingle Belles and check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

7 comments:

  1. I really can't think about Christmas again so soon, but well done you on being so organised with some great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy it's back. I will ...I will play along :) I have that stamp too, which I never got around to using. So this really is the push I need.

    Such wonderful cards, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you kickin' it with three cards already in your stash ... and I love them all ... mailable and fun ... so glad you joined us for an old & new start to 2014 at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa!! These cards are so beautiful! I love the papers you used and your layout is just fabulous. I didn't pick up that stamp but you make me wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! lisa h. is in the JINGLE BELLES house for 2014! that's always the start of inspiring year for us, especially when you can make THREE totally fabulous and totally different cards using the same set of supplies and the same sketch! mad xmas sillz you have, missus!!! :) (for the record, that SC set of papers, which i only acquired recently are my current FAVES and you make them look even better!) happy new year to you!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The variations on your design are lovely and I admire your Christmas spirit! Mine has gone AWOL for a whole but I will be enjoying your pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:19 am

    wow, you're on a roll with now 6 cards! i love the design - great for quickly making cards and i love the chevron paper you've used; i really struggle with using that kid of design paper on my cards.
    linda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...