Tuesday 16 February 2016

16 loves {February 2016}

Welcome to the next in the series {16 loves} for 2016.

For the last few years, I've been sharing my loves each month - a little bit of everything that has caught my eye or been enjoyed over the last month. So, a new year and new inspiration. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. 


To see what's inspired me in the past, click to find all my {13 loves}, my {14 loves}, my {15 loves} and my {16 loves}.


I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.

There was a lot making me smile in the last 4 weeks.



one

Britain's first male astronaut, Tim Peake is currently living on the ISS. While I've not been following the story closely, I've been enjoying catching up with some of the amazing photographs he's been posting - especially with a focus on the UK. This photo below shows France (right) and the UK (left) and I adore those bursts of light that you can see - London, Birmingham et al!


two

February marks the final LOAD challenge hosted by Lain Ehmann (so basically, the final publicly available LOAD challenge). And I was delighted to be asked to be one of the featured Designers, contributing five layouts based on prompts relating to life in Germany! I loved making the layouts and am loving the daily creativity - 16 days in and so far, I have 17 layouts and stories added to my pile.


three

A pinterest find that I just love. Look at all those gorgeous layers by Mary-Ann Coulter Maldonado for the Paper Issues Creative Team.

Pinterest find here

four

I love British Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) but I was a bit busy so combined it with Valentine's Day and finally - after about 10 years in the cupboard - got the heart shaped forms out and made special pancakes. Man, I love pancakes with lemon juice and sugar. Combined with a glass of pink bubbles, it was the perfect mini romantic celebration!


five

So far, I haven't really "got" the planner craze but these might really persuade me to jump in. They are certainly my colour. Hoping that Scrapabilly gets them in stock when they are available!

My very own Whimsical Musings celebrated 200 prompts with a week long party. We also launched a new Whimsical Musings Facebook Group - and we were thrilled by the positive response. Happy days!

Whimsical Musings here

seven


We had snow. Not a lot and not for long, but it made me happy. This winter has been warm and wet and generally pretty miserable! I love our twinkle lights on the balcony.


eight

Shimelle's Starshine came into my possession. Happy dance!


nine

We had two family birthdays in February and I love how modern technology makes the process of wishing Happy Birthday across the miles so much more personal. This little girl turned 9 and I was thrilled to chat for a few minutes and get to see her beautiful face.


ten

Still sad about Bowie. Just saying. But this raised a smile.


eleven

In the first few days of LOAD, I made this layout which I totally adore. I know we shouldn't blow our own trumpet so much, but this is a real fave of recent times. One for the NYC album(s).


twelve

This looks delish. I really need to start making these food pins I keep!

thirteen

Another happy dance over here. Love the Glitter Girl is back. Full of scrapbooking inspiration, I'm finding that I totally adore everything Shimelle does these days. If you don't already catch her videos each week, I really suggest you subscribe to her YouTube channel.



fourteen

I've missed Jingle Belles. I got out of the rhythm of making cards early in 2015 and then found it hard to catch up at the end of the year. I really want to try harder in 2016 and the inspiration the Belles offer is so great that there's not really any excuse! Why not join in and get those holiday cards made easily throughout the year?

fifteen

Another inspirational layout I pinned. Suse Fish for Citrus Twist Kits. I'm so loving the grid right now.

Pinterest find here

sixteen


Just a little motivation that I found on Pinterest - although I haven't saved the pin so I can't link back. Nevertheless, so true.






Ilove you to share your own {16 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


{16 loves} is a series that will feature on my blog each 16th of the month

2 comments:

  1. A very starry 16 this month, Lisa. Well chosen. I think I need a little Starshine in my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list! I've never heard of lemon juice and sugar on pancakes - we just use butter and syrup around here. Very cool photo from space and I've got a few Starshine items on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...