Thursday 4 February 2016

Scrapabilly February kit shares (part 2)

Back on Tuesday, I shared details of the all new Scrapabilly kits which went on sale on the 1st and which I have the honour to be able to create with as part of the Design Team.


Here's a reminder of the Kit des Monats which I used to create five layouts.


I just had to use as much of the bokeh paper as I could as one piece but still stretch it over more than one layout so a large strip as an anchor for my photos as well as a place for my journaling seemed about right. For this layout I added in some Shimelle star vellum paper and trimmed down two of the pocket page cards so that I could fit all five elements across the page. I love this series of photos of my baby sister with her beautiful new daughter. 


One of the little tags included in the kit proved ideal for tucking into the corner here as a little something extra decorated with some of the washi elements.


I fell in love with all the little strips of washi that were included on the sheet and it was great to find corners to tuck it to add a little extra detail. And I totally adore the diagonal stripe as well as the bokeh - I wonder if I can get more of that???



This is a page which needs a little something extra. I will be creating a 6x12 add on for my journalling as I'd like to record some details of my plans for the year. I realised for this one that I definitely need to take more, and to improve the quality of, selfies! I look so stern in this one. But it kind of reflects my state of mind regarding goals so maybe that's not such a bad thing...


I decided to pick up the various colours of the papers and elements with three different inks and then went to town with stitching and adding messy stuff to decorate up my grid design. The Schriftbild exclusive flair was ideal for this corner along with a bunch of messy gold thread.


I used my stitching to highlight a couple of words on the cards to give them emphasis.


More messy thread and another gorgeous strip of washi - the gold elements were so beautiful.




I'll share my final make on Saturday so make sure you come back but in the meantime, you can go over to Scrapabilly's gallery (here) and see what the whole 16 person team created with these fabulous new kits. It's inspiration overload over there!

And don't forget to check out the kits here.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this kit, it looks beautiful. Or maybe that's down to what you've done with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sian, the colors in this kit are so soft and sweet. She's also right that you magnify that by how you scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kit! I love that you embellished and then added the tag to the corner of the first layout - what a pretty extra touch. I also love all the stitching that you did on your second layout. The colors on that one are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I believe in pink" - that card was made for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...