Sunday 7 February 2016

February at Simple Scrapper #1

February at Simple Scrapper means a new set of gorgeous sketches/templates and inspirational Story Starters on the theme of "Quotables". 


My first layout is using one of the sketches featuring a 5x5" photo. I don't usually use such a large square photo so it was interesting to find out just how much I like it! I will be trying this bigger size again.

I chose a black & white photo I found online of my musical hero, David Bowie and matched it up with neutrals and basic prints which don't try to compete with the bold contrast of the photo.

My journalling is short and prompted by a story starter from some time back, "Right Now..."



Some of the embellishments are a little symbolic such as the music washi, the note clip and elements of gold as well as the cork stars.


With the combination of the sketch and the story starter, this layout came together so easily. This was the second of now four layouts I've made about Bowie since the shock of his death at the beginning of January. Scrapping thoughts such as this has been a very therapeutic activity and I'm happy that they will have a place in my albums.


Come back early next week for my second February Simple Scrapper layout. Can't wait to share with you.

To find out more about the resources available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership go here.

1 comment:

  1. The neutrals really highlight the photo and give your page a calm and serious tone that really fits in with your journaling. I agree - scrapbooking is good therapy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...