Friday 1 July 2011

Me, me, me ....

Happy 1st July!

It's Friday and that means the weekend is just a few short hours away which can only be a good thing.

Today marks the first day of a new challenge that my LOAD friend Whimsical Nature and myself have set ourselves – a daily layout throughout July so that means I will be really busy creating the whole month. I can't wait to get started on today's layout.

Daily creating makes me happy. 

But more of that later in the month...

Today I just wanted to share a layout I created with my All A Flutter kit for one of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini challenges.

They very cleverly took inspiration from my blogosphere friend S's blog post (here) which featured a rather smart, witty, creative creature. Yes, S wrote all about herself and then followed it up in the Counterfeit Blog Hop (here). So cute!

Anyway, I decided that I could do that – a layout about me. I do them all the time after all. In the end it was more difficult than I thought and even now, I'm not so satisfied with the journalling but it does use quite recent photos so that can only be a good thing.

I was really struggling to get enough out of the kit leftovers but in the end got very creative with the scraps and even used some Prima packaging. I think in the end, I added in the sheet of cardstock, the single letter for my title, and the small kraft doily but all the rest is the kit. I used the Scrap Happy sketch for June, turning it on its side and deciding to really go for a cluster of banners instead of a usual cluster. I think I must have seen this overlapping banner look somewhere online and have taken that as inspiration (sorry but have no idea where now... I wonder if I pinned it?!?)



I only have small paper scraps now plus dozens of brads (!) and a few flowers left in my kit so I will probably make a few cards and call it a day. I have one more layout to share from this kit but apart from that.... job done.

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love all those banners and doilies! Great journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfectly lovely. I'm especially glad you included the close up of the beautiful banners

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love all the doilies and the multiple banners. Way to use up your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly gorgeous - you look so happy. Love the LO, the banners the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:04 am

    Ooooh you're good - love the house banner esp. Well done on using up the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see a happy you. Those doilies just make this layout shine; and your banners are always fab. But what's this insanity about scrapping every day in July - it sure sounded like a good idea way, way back in June, but now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! The house banner really stands out - never seen anything like it. You and Whimsical Nature have quite a challenge this month, but something tells me that the both of you will do just fine.

    I haven't been motivated to scrapbook since May :( I'll be starting a project soon for my mother-in-law's friend, an 8.5x11 scrapbook celebrating her life from childhood until now. Luckily, there's only about two dozen photos that need to be scrapped, so I'll need to find my motivation quickly!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...