Sunday 3 July 2011

Shaping up

I just wanted to post my last and final layout for my All A Flutter kit (from the June Counterfeit Kit Challenge).

It was in response to the mini-challenge to Get In Shape using a shape "to take center stage in your layout" and I took inspiration from several layouts I have done recently using this type of die-cut paper. I have found that if I cut if off centre, I have a natural place for my photo and the other side is great for the journalling. I wanted to try placing the shape top and bottom but somehow it didn't work, so I went back to the original design and finished it off with some flowers leftover from when I cut them out of the Crate Paper in the kit.

I added in some TH tape and a single button but I couldn't find anywhere to squeeze in any brads :-(



There really isn't a lot left in the box other than brads (!) and some small scraps. I will be making up a few cards to finish some of these leftovers and then it's nearly time for the July reveal on 5th!

Hoping you are having a wonderful Sunday. 

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lisa - the way you cut the flowers really adds dimension to the background shape. Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 pm

    Love those cut flowers and the shape between the two pieces of the diecut paper. Have you changed your header? Your blog looks different - or am I going bonkers? It looks great anyway - even if I've only just noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO,I love the fussy cut flowers. I look forward to seeing what you put together for july's kit.xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...