Friday 8 July 2011

Ingonish Beach revisited

Another month, another Counterfeit Kit Challenge inspiration kit.

This month, Polka Dot Whimsy was chosen as our starting point, using their July 2010 kit, Cape Cod, as our inspiration. I loved it at first sight and knew that I would be able to make up my own with the same summery feel of the original.

I think it was easier to create this kit with my existing stash because the kit is from last year and therefore, there's no chance to run out and buy new stuff! I recognised several of the papers but only had a few scraps of one or two of them which meant that I had to get creative with what I have - and that for me, is what CKC is all about.

I pulled together a pile of papers with some bright primary colours and the mood of summer more than exactly the same prints, shades and designs of the original. I added in lots of cardstock (the original kit only had three sheets and that's way too little) and then got busy with alphas and embellishments. I reserve the right to add in anything extra along the way but for now, I picked out some bright and very old ribbons, some flowers, some AC shapes which are really tricky to use so maybe I can work on that, buttons, brads (!), some journalling cards, tags, banner stickers, rubons, stickers, lace tape and two packs of K&Co die cuts which are calling to me! There are two lengths of ric rac because I've seen a great tutorial online for making ric rac roses and I really want to give them a try if I have five minutes of patience!

There is really a good mix of old and new in here and several items that I find "difficult" that I'm hoping to get my head around (if not, it might be time to declutter them out) and use.





The kit is much bigger than last month so I am hoping it will fill me with inspiration to create at least 6 layouts and some cards like this month.

As I said, the original kit was called Cape Cod and this made me think of the last holiday that in any way felt like a summer holiday way back in 2006. Even though it was September it was a perfect late summer holiday for us and we discovered how beautiful Nova Scotia is.

So I have decided to call mine, Ingonish Beach which is where we stayed on Cape Breton Island and many of the colours in the kit remind me of this stunning place.

With my daily page challenge this month, I'm looking forward to attacking this kit and seeing what comes.

What's on your scrappy schedule for July?

16 comments:

  1. Oooohhh a lovely,bridght summery kit, I look forward to see all your LO's. What a great way to use all your stash up. Have a good weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:36 am

    Lovely kit - fab colours! Just a heads up - your link on CKC goes to LOAD! Can't wait to see your beautiful pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Loving the bright colours and all of the sticker frames and embellishments. It looks like such a fun kit! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, it looks like you've pulled together lots of fun papers and pretties for your kit. And scrapping everyday you may just use up every bit of it. Can't wait to see some pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Kit. Looking forward in seeing what you have planned with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy yummy yummy! What playful papers and fun goodies!!!! I love how you named your kit after your holiday. Have fun!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi (aka move4life)10:08 pm

    Looks great Lisa! I'll have to post my very eclectic kit somewhere when I have a minute. I can't wait to see what you do w/ it!! And as always, love to see someone else using up their stuff. I've given myself a $3 budget to add to the kit. Somewhere I'm pretty sure my husband is professing his love to me ;) Off to play a board game w/ one of the littles! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all that beautiful fun patterned paper. You should be able to make lots of pages with your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great kit you have put together! I love the bright colors. I also used the MM label paper in my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. I love the bright colors! I cant wait to see those rick rak flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see the rose you are talking about, please share your link! And I love how you described how yu pulled your kit and that's what CKCB is all about, I totally agree and think you really hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ric Rac Roses? Do tell! Your kit looks perfect! I love that you added "difficult" things. I bet you have great ideas to use them!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to the ric-rac roses - that's a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this collection! Looks like you will have fun creating with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright summery kit! Great mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...