Sunday 14 August 2011

Balmy August Scrapping

Well, at least in my dreams! The weather round here these last few weeks has been about as far away from this idyllic idea of summer evenings as you can imagine. Wet, wet, wet would describe August 2011.

However, better late than never, I made up my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit a few days ago.

Our inspiration kit this month was the September 2010 kit from My Creative Scrapbook:


I loved the soft, romantic, summery feel of this kit. Full of pinks and soft aquas and that was the inspiration that I took away with me.

I made sure I had a soft collection of papers, lots of flowers, some ribbons, some glittery bling and some chipboard shapes including a bird and cage as in the original kit. I've made quite a large kit which might be difficult to use up in just one month but I know that I'll enjoy it as I do.

I've decided to call it "Balmy" in honour of the summer it makes me think of (but that we're not getting).






I'm picturing lots of girlie layouts using this kit but I will try to stretch its use to make something a bit more masculine so watch this space! I'm itching to get going with this and to get busy with my never ending supply of butterflies and brads! ;-)

What are your scrapping plans for the rest of August?

12 comments:

  1. I knew you'd love this kit, and your copy nails it perfectly. Sure stretch to get some masculine pages, if you must, but bring on the girly ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh your kit is gorgeous,I think this one's my favourite so far. I look forward to the LO's you produce using it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be a challenge to use that lovely soft kit on some masculine pages - but you'll do it I'm sure. Have fun with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:59 pm

    Beautiful and girly - love your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful selection of scrappy goodness! I can't imagine you will have difficulty using up the kit as you did a fabulous job last month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great kit! I cant wait to see what masculine pages you make with this as I see girly girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a kit I'm loving

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi (aka move4life)1:57 am

    GORGEOUS Lisa. Can't wait to see what you make w/ this! I decided to skip August CKC except for the kit that has the bday papers. I put together a bit of a kit similar to that one but otherwise, I'm holiday-ing some this month so it's slow scrapping (but heavy photo-ing! :)), plus I'm still using my July CKC kits. Still loving them with several LOs still to go from them! It's all good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! That looks like one amazing kit - packed with beautiful papers and embellishments. I cannot wait to see how you use it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit is breathtakingly beautiful!! And HUGE! Cant wait to see the awesome pages you make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrappilicious! Yes, your kit is so scrappilicious!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...