Wednesday, 24 October 2007
The "rules" are:
1. Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
My problem is that I do not know 7 people to tag - so if you read this, let me know and you are "it":
1. I have a fear of counting - you know like counting sheep to go to sleep. It's connected to a recurring nightmare that started when I was a child and I get all panicky if I try - it's the never ending aspect of numbers that gets me!
2. I am a total control freak (yeah, anyone who knows me knows this one for sure!)
3. I have a bit of an obsession with cleaning products - I like to make sure I always have the right product for the right job - yes, I have too much time on my hands!
4. I am beginning to "lose" my native language (English) and it is becoming a rather peculiar mix of German and English - sometimes I use a German word in the middle of an English sentence because I cannot come up with the English one quickly enough!
5. My music taste is somewhat eclectic and includes some real corkers such as Jimmy Hendrix, Justin Nozuka, Nigel Kennedy, Barry Manilow, Duran Duran, Frank Sinatra and Fergie just to name a few extremes!
6. I am a chocolate pleb - only Cadbury's will do.
7. I am a total tea junkie but usually only manage to finish half a cup before it goes cold and I leave it - I waste at least a pint of tea a day and Ralph hates all the half finished cups lying around.
There, some strange and "random" facts for all to see! Am I strange or is it just me? Let me know...
Tuesday, 23 October 2007
Admittedly, there are some days when I just have not managed to get the camera out or the weather was just so terrible that it seemed no point but then there have been other days when I have taken dozens of what I think are really nice ones so I have "spread" these around a little!
I was trying to have a theme per month but then the holiday in Yukon came at the end of August so obviously, these take priority. Then in September, I was in another daily creativity class including a photo of the day, but I had the holiday, a trip to Birmingham and a trip to Harrods, so I have just interspersed a few of the daily prompts in between those photos I took in these locations.
Clearly, I have a bit of an autumn leaf fixation going on this month (just LOVE autumn) but TODAY marks the start of the last 30 days of my 30s so for the next 30 days, I am going to try and focus on my life right now including some (rather dodgy) self portraits.
It's really weird but HS started a photo a day project last week too so I have just sort of incorporated it all in to what I wanted to do anyway but I will include the next 30 days' photos in the little album she shared with us - mine is covered with adorable Amy Butler "Belle" and I am going to write more in there than she was prompting for. I will also be taking more than one photo on some days (like today for example) so my monthly photo album will contain more than 31. Just to let you know!
Anyway, as ever CC gratefully received.
Sunday, 21 October 2007
Wednesday, 17 October 2007
Then, I worked through the fab Autumn Breeze kit from Bellaboo. It is a great kit, even if I say so myself! (I helped to put it together) It was exactly what we had hoped for and we couldn't help but be totally inspired to put together warm, autumn layouts, cards and projects. You MUST go over to Bellaboo (http://www.bellaboo.co.uk/) and check it all out - all the kit projects can be seen in the gallery and there is also a fab newsletter (again, modesty becomes me - I helped with that too!) to download and read with some of our featured projects using the kit, plus sketches and some inspiration.
And while I am blowing my own trumpet (and that of Bellaboo - go on, check it out!) I would also like to share some Halloween stuff I completed using Bellaboo's mini-kit - Frighteningly Fabulous. What fun to actually get those spooky pictures down on paper at last. The kit was ideal for some quick designs and was so easy to coordinate across the four layouts and banner. I am posting the banner here because I think it's so funky! I think these banners could be a new "thing" for me, along with the inspiration cards which Lib and I are going to start in a big way!
Anyway, for more piccies of my Halloween stuff, go over to Bellaboo (yes, RIGHT NOW!) and look through the gallery and then pick yourself up a kit and go for it.
And I have quite a few ideas for upcoming projects, photos and inspiration so watch this space for more...
Tuesday, 9 October 2007
Thursday, 4 October 2007
I need to write up the trip from my notes and get all the stories down for when I finally get the photos sorted and printed out. Such a lot of work as there are nearly 6,000 photos in total if you add up my camera, Ralph's and Helga's. Don't worry, I will not be boring anyone with them! Ralph has been working through them and so far has reduced the number to around 2,000 I think. We will only be boring people with maybe the top 100 so never fear. But of the few that I have managed to see, there are some stunners. I will try to post a few as and when.
The Yukon was such a surprise for me and I fell in LOVE with the place. I mean head over heels. Really. It is such an incredible place, I just do not know how I will ever be able to put these feelings into words and explain to anyone just how fantastic it was and all the amazing, wonderful experiences we had while we were there. The place is BIG and EMPTY and I found this really hard to get my head around. I am a big city girl, and here in Europe, it is hard to find areas that are really, truly empty. But over there, it is hard to find people or habitation. Such a wild, incredible place - it truly exceeded my wildest expectations and I am sad that I will never really be able to share that with anyone outside Ralph, Helga and Wolfgang who experienced it all with me. Words and photos will never be enough.
I just looked up some statistics on Wikipedia and they blow your mind.
Yukon - 482,443 square km
Germany - 357,021 square km
UK - 244,820 square km
Yukon - 30,989
Germany - 82,797,408
UK - 60,587,300
Yukon - 0.065 / sq km
Germany - 230 / sq km
UK - 246 / sq km
I love statistics like this!