Wednesday 14 January 2015

Wednesday Wonderland

And we're off!

The wondrous girls over at Jingle Belles are back for another year of inspiration and merriment complete with a new logo. I think the header alone is enough inspiration to get me going on making those Christmas cards for the end of the year.


I didn't manage to make as many as I would have liked last year and ended up cutting some out with my Cameo - which was great but not the same as making them myself - so I'm determined to keep going with my weekly card creating as much as I can.

Anyway, this first prompt of the year is "No Time Like the Presents" or rather to use recycled gift wrap on our cards.

I came up with these two as a warm up to - hopefully - better cards to come!


I didn't have any wrapping paper itself to use so made good on the bits and pieces I had kept from the Scrapabilly Advent swap gifts.  I repurposed a small sentiment banner and the shiny, gold ribbon for card one and the deer's head was cut from a gold gift tag I just hadn't been able to throw away.


On this card, the tag and die-cut were originally on day 6 of my Advent swap and obviously inspired the tag on card one! The small sentiment was cut out of another of the Advent tags.


Both of these cards are simple and used up elements that were lying around - both from the Advent swap pressies, but also from the mini-card kit I made for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge post back in December.

I'm excited to see what ideas Lauren and Stephanie come up with for us over the next months and hope to play along more often than last year. I need to see that pile of completed cards growing!

8 comments:

  1. Both look great Lisa. I really like your reindeers ,but then I'm partial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your ability to think about Christmas already! I like your design, and that final one with the little white head is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Lisa but Christmas already? - NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart save on the gold gift card (I save anything glittery or metallic ... you can always use them to punch or die cut) ... so very glad you're starting 2015 with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh *WOW* you're off to a great start in 2015!!! brilliant job of rescuing those lovely treasures and making them into beautiful cards. the reindeer, especially, are just SO completely AWESOME! happy, happy, happy that you are on board with us for another JINGLE BELLES year! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that is a stunning header. And your cards are fab. I just picked up 3 boxes of store-bought cards for next Christmas, and I'm totally okay with it. I am conceding that not every scrapbooker has to be a card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm determined not to put my christmas stash away this year as you always inspire me with your creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd never heard of Jingle Belles before - what a great concept! I always intend to get creative during the holidays and buy tons of Christmas supplies … but then I usually end up so distracted and busy I never touch any of it. Excited to play along with the challenges this year! LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...