Sunday 29 May 2016

Bad blogger - May shares at Scrapabilly #2

If you joined me yesterday, you'll know that I'm trying to fit in my Scrapabilly May Kit des Monats shares before the new month hits because I'm woefully late with blogging.

So, let me remind you of this gorgeous kit featuring papers and elements from the "Sea Breeze" collection by Kaisercraft.



I made four layouts with the kit because several of the papers just needed using in larger blocks so that the pattern could shine! Here are the last two layouts.

Several of the team made similar layouts earlier in the year and this month, I decided to jump on the wagon and make my own. The colours of the Scrapabilly logo seemed to match these papers particularly well.


This month, I received the kit in the post (I usually collect it in person) and it comes wrapped in gorgeous Scrapabilly aqua tissue paper. It seemed to call me to use it on this layout so I punched out a bunch of confetti (breaking my punch in the process    :-( which makes me really sad) and then created a messy line along the bottom of the paper block.



I also used the tissue paper to mat the photo several times just to make sure there were elements in different places on the layout.


I love the dimensional effect this technique gives the layout while still remaining delicate.


Last but not least, I decided to just record something from my everyday about what I will miss when our Sky subscription ends.


When I looked through my photo library, these two photos seemed to work well with the papers and this is just the kind of odd story I like to include in my albums.





And there you have it. Another month of creativity provided by a kit full of gorgeous products. You might be lucky enough to be able to grab your own kit if you go over to the Scrapabilly shop here.

You can find the full Design Team work over at the Scrapabilly gallery here - make sure you check out all three teams because there's a lot of gorgeous stuff out there.

2 comments:

  1. Pieces of this collection are on my wishlist and I've been patiently waiting for it to come in stock, so I love being able to see it "in action". Two lovely layouts! The line of confetti is fun - I may borrow that idea. I also like the layers of tissue paper under the photo. Great layering on the second page and I love that little trio of hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally okay with you being behind in kits shares, as I am behind in blog reading. But I found it quite a treat to have 3 lovely posts in my reader this a.m. Loving it all, and especially anything with a bit of swirled thread. Now I'm hanging my head in shame as I am leaving only 1 comment. What can I say, but bad blog reader S!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...