Sunday 1 September 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit reveal and blog hop

Yay! It's September which means we are ending awards my favourite time of year and a season when you will find me smiling - each. and. every. single. day! 

And I'm excited to be organising the Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit too. Double yay!

You should have reached me via the ever creative delights over at Leslie's blog here and next up is Ms Productive herself, Lori at her blog here. There's a full list at the end of the post if you get lost along the way.

I wanted to do something a bit different this month and approached Khristina Sorge from the Secret Not Secret Kit Club  (you can find details of her kit club online here) The Secret Not Secret Kit Club  provide personalised, curated kits to fit your own specific requirement - it's just about as personal and flexible as you can get.

She agreed right away which made me happy and then went one step further and curated a kit specifically for us - the Counterfeit Kit Challenge! I was delighted. And not only that - she's also our wonderful Guest Designer this month so you won't want to miss any of the blog hop this month. Make sure you say hello to everyone.

I gave her a few guidelines of what I was looking for - a more muted colour scheme than we've had recently, some travel/city/trip themed items and of course, lots of embellishments. She came up with this stunner of a kit and I couldn't wait to get going and make up my own. Of course, I'd jump right in to this one too and scoop it up in a second given a chance. I LOVE it.

You can find a full kit content list over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog today



I was immediately drawn to the constellation paper which will surprise none of you, as well as the travel motif and the full array of embellishments. Starting with a sheet of my own star paper (of which I have, ahem, many to choose from!), I matched up papers according to feel, colour and pattern. I haven't made a direct copy but was totally inspired by the original and I think I have a lot with the same vibe. 

So, let me introduce Wanderlust.


As mentioned above, I started with the constellation paper and then went through the cloud, birch trees and soft blue floral sheets before heading over to my BasicGrey Carte Postale remnants which all made their way in! Some graph and lined prints, a repeated word print, an all over camera pattern and the bright chevron seemed to match up closely with the original kit and then the cut apart sheet definitely fitted right in as well as reminding me closely of the boy paper. That's a lot of paper to be honest and almost every sheet is two-sided, which I'm totally open to using, but I really like the mix of muted colours and patterns. I know I will get a lot of use out of it.


Next up, I created a Silhouette file with the viewfinders and and the connected plane outline die cuts. That took me a long time but it was worth it as I found out a few new tips and tricks along the way (you can find out a little more in my Forgery on the Fourth feature). I then matched up a handful of metal star clips and a bunch of random die cut elements in colours and patterns which I thought would work with my papers. There are some REALLY old items in there so it will be interesting to see if they get used up.


A few leftovers from my Carte Postale collection, a pack of One Canoe Two enamel shapes which reminded me of the hearts and dots in the original kit and a couple of random items which got scooped up and put into the kit seemed good additions.


I spotted some frames from a Pink Paislee travel collection and the back/grey and white sticker sheet from Echo park also seemed ideal to fill out the embellishments as well as three white and three kraft tags as in the inspiration kit.

I found a bunch of used up black Thickers so we will see how far they take me. There are only a handful of useful letters so I'm not sure how much use they'll be but it's time for them to get out of the packet and onto pages if at all possible.

Last but not least, I've included a generic mask which isn't quite as funky as in the original it but you never know, I might find a way to use it in a way that works for me... 


I adore my kit and yes, I know I say that every month but it's true. I know I will get some fabulous pages from it and I'll really enjoy getting some of these older products used up somewhere I can actually see them.

Here's the full blog hop and you know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.


You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2019).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month! 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous kit Lisa. I love your ticket paper and those wonderful planes. Enjoy using your kit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit. Way to go on creating the airplane cut file.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the muted oranges and blues in your kit! This looks like a kit I could definitely put to good use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fantastic kit :) I could play with that this month too :) Love the viewfinder you created and such fun creating the airplane cut file too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kit is gorgeous! Love your paper choices and all of your bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that top row of papers, I see a mix of old and not so old stuff in your kit. Lovely! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...